not yet!

Sleepless nights. Breastfeeding vs Bottle. Baby's first milestones. Vaccinations. Teething. Crawling.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

not yet!

Postby anxious-annie » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:45 pm

Gah! DD has decided (last night and today) that she will only sleep on her tummy. As soon as I lay her down (even if she's totally asleep) the first thing she does is roll over onto her tummy. I wouldn't care except for the fact that she doesn't know how to roll back yet! So she either rolls over and then gets upset that she can't roll back (thus waking me up to go roll her back over) OR she falls asleep with her face in the mattress...like square in the mattress, resting with her paci as the only spacer between her face and the bed (which scares the bejeezus out of me) or resting on top of her hand, face down. Whenever I try to roll her over she either rolls right back or wakes up and starts crying, forcing me to rock her back to sleep and then she rolls over again when I put her in the bed.

I know they say that when LO's can roll over on their own there's nothing you can do and the risk of them harming themselves on their stomach is reduced because they are stronger/have better head control, but the fact that she practically buries her face in the bed makes me really really nervous. I have the Angelcare motion monitor so at least that might help me go to sleep tonight, but something tells me I'm going to be up CONSTANTLY checking on her. I ended up camping out in her room today during her nap so that I could turn her head to the side every time she moved around in her sleep but I can't exactly do that all night :roll:
anxious-annie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby evamarie » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:22 am

I feel your pain...DD1 did the same thing as a baby. She could very easily roll to her tummy but couldn't roll back. And she would either scream because she didn't want to be on her belly or she would smash her face into the mattress.

I used a positioner w/her until she learned to roll both ways and it worked great. Might be worth a try. I know there has been some controversy over using one for safety reasons but DD never got herself in a position that was even close to unsafe when I used it. It also helped with her reflux and when she had a cold because it had a slight incline.

Good luck!
Me (30) Dh (39)
IVF#3 -Worked! Camilla Maria born 1/9/09
DD#2 Due March 4, 2010 *** It's another girl!! Woot woot!
evamarie
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby anxious-annie » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:08 am

I might do that. I'll have to look on craigslist or something since the stores don't sell them anymore.

Yeah...I got a whole 2 hrs of sleep last night between me not being able to go to sleep because I kept going in to check on her and her waking up needing to be turned over again (just to roll to her tummy before I could even leave the room).
anxious-annie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby evamarie » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:22 am

It can be nerve racking!!!! Here is the one I used if you are interested!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004T0 ... GCE9HQ3J2Z
Me (30) Dh (39)
IVF#3 -Worked! Camilla Maria born 1/9/09
DD#2 Due March 4, 2010 *** It's another girl!! Woot woot!
evamarie
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby kc12345 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:02 pm

OMG! I swear I posted this same post when DD was 4 months old (she's now 1 year)... she would roll over and couldn't roll back. She did this for a full month, wake up screaming EVERY time, it was way worse than when she was an infant. Eventually she started liking sleeping like that, we had to let her "cry" a little bit, it was so hard! She needed sleep and so did we. Good luck...
kc12345
Angel
Angel

Return to Babies (Birth to One Year)