Seeking Sleeping/Eating Help

Sleepless nights. Breastfeeding vs Bottle. Baby's first milestones. Vaccinations. Teething. Crawling.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Seeking Sleeping/Eating Help

Postby franni » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:57 am

My LO is 7 months this Sunday. He is breasfed and does get some solids. We started rice cereal 4 weeks ago and our first vegetable 1 week ago. Last week he slept all the way through the night for the first time (9 pm to 6:15 am)! However, since then he has been getting up twice a night instead of his normal once a night. Could it be that it's because of the vegetable (carrots) that we introduced? Or, around that same time we started having him take naps in his crib whereas he normally wouldn't do that (our fault). He is taking that hard because he doesn't like sleeping in his crib for naps, but does at night. Could it be he's waking up more often because of that? Or, could it be something else?? It's been hard on us and I'm just trying to seek suggestions/help/support. Thanks, ladies!
franni

Postby BeccaM » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:46 am

I have a 6 1/2 month old and have been going through similar issues. Could possibly be teething? My LO was sleeping pretty well, even when he cut his bottom teeth, he was doing okay. Then he cut his top teeth and his sleep was awful. We're still off track because he caught a cold right after his top teeth came in. He's up every 2 hours sometimes still, but usually goes right back to sleep, at least. I would consider being up twice a night to be a good night, right now! :D

I doubt it's related to solids, though it's good to take that into consideration. I had introduced veggies right around the same time, and was wondering if that was the issue, but then I checked his teeth and was surprised to see the top ones coming in right after the bottom ones.

They do have sleep regressions around this age, too. Due to being more alert and more aware of what's going on, also separation anxiety. It could be a lot of things!

Anyway, yeah, I know how you feel, and I think sometimes we can't always figure it out, but we just have to go with the flow! I have resigned myself to inadequate amounts of sleep right now. :) But I would look into the teething, just to be sure. It can really mess their sleep up. Sometimes some pain relievers can help them sleep better, if it's really bad.
Isaiah, born Nov 14th, 2010, @ 39 weeks, 2 days. 8 lbs 2 oz. All natural hospital delivery.
Simon, born Mar 23rd, 2013 @ 39 weeks, 3 days. 8 lbs 4 oz. Our first home birth!!

BeccaM
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Babies (Birth to One Year)