Could she be teething?

Sleepless nights. Breastfeeding vs Bottle. Baby's first milestones. Vaccinations. Teething. Crawling.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Could she be teething?

Postby monkeysauce » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:07 pm

Amelia is not quite three months old now, and she's changing very quickly. She recently started grabbing things with her hands, paying attention to her feet, and trying to roll and to push with her legs. She's also begun to sleep longer at night and need more naps. I started trying to get her to nap in her crib this week, and she doesn't like it much. I have to go in to replace her pacifier at least once, and she complains a lot. Tonight, she is waking up over and over again. Normally she falls right asleep and stays that way at night.
My question to the experienced mamas is, do you think that daytime crib napping could be causing this, or do you think it's possible that she's teething? It's sort of early for that, but she's fretful, having a hard time sleeping, and drooling a lot--and she seemed to like it when I rubbed her gums with my finger. I can't feel any tooth when I do it, but???
Amelia Bel born 3/16/2011
monkeysauce
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby franni » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:17 am

I think I had/am having the same experience. My LO is 7 months old and we just started having him take naps in his crib about 2 weeks ago now. At first he didn't like it, but is doing okay now. However, since then he doesn't sleep well at night like your girl! I wonder if it is the naps in the crib?!?!?!? But my LO could be teething too as he has tons of symptoms. It's so hard to tell!
franni

Postby monkeysauce » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:18 am

I let her nap in the kitchen like usual yesterday, and she's back to her normal night routine. I'm going to let her keep doing that... I don't care if she naps in the kitchen until she gives up napping altogether, if it means she sleeps well at night!
Amelia Bel born 3/16/2011
monkeysauce
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby franni » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:17 am

That's so interesting. I thought about trying to go back to our son's nap routines out of the crib, but he's gotten used to it lately that I don't want to screw him up more. I do think that is the case though, which is odd in my opinion. I think the change in routine messes with babies. I'm hoping he gets back to his night routine soon :)
franni

Return to Babies (Birth to One Year)