9 months

Sleepless nights. Breastfeeding vs Bottle. Baby's first milestones. Vaccinations. Teething. Crawling.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

9 months

Postby coastieschick » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:13 am

What does/did your 9 month old schedule look like? I am getting told different guidelines from my "doctor" (were in the process of switching), the WIC office, and online baby sites...
coastieschick
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bethann » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:23 am

You mean as far as their eating/sleeping/activity schedule?
Me: 28, DH: 31
2 furbabies Vegas and Titan
IVF #2 a success! Twins! Born 8-9-10
Surprise BFP the natural way! Baby Ava due in December 2011!
bethann
Angel
Angel

Postby coastieschick » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:29 am

yeah. I know it'll vary baby to baby but I can't even find a guideline to go by. I get the whole every kid is different thing but REALLY, people need to come up with ONE solid guideline and just explain that it might be different for your baby.

Like b/c my son's doctor transferred we have been seeing various docs in that office, and one will say start meat, one not to, one says yes use poly-vol-soy (whatever those vitamin drops are) one says there's no need for them, one site says he needs 16oz of formula a day, one say 25oz, I just need ONE guideline that I can adjust for him, and I can't even get that so I figured its be in my sanity's best interest to just ask y'all!!!
coastieschick
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bethann » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:24 am

Sorry you are confused!!!! :) I will tell you what we do but we did Baby Led Weaning so my babies don't eat "baby food"! AND my twins (well Schaefer at least) is a piggy!!

0730: 7 ounces of formula
0930: Breakfast- a waffle and some type of fruit (strawberries/blueberries) and sometimes I scramble an egg each for them depending on how hungry they seem.
1030-1130ish- I get them both down for their naps and they usually sleep for about 45 minutes.
1200- 7 ounces of formula
130-200: Lunch which is usually nitrate free lunch meat, string cheese and fruit or a grilled turkey and cheese sandwich and fruit.
330-400: 7 ounces of formula
400: They usually nap after that bottle for about 30-45 minutes
530-600: Dinner- whatever we are having I just adapt- Last night was meatloaf/green beans and black eyed peas.
730: 7 ounces of formula
800: bedtime

Hope that helps and you find what works best for you!!
bethann
Angel
Angel

Postby coastieschick » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:06 am

so how do you know what you can give them b/c I would of never known he could have a waffle!?!?!?!
coastieschick
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bethann » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:33 pm

Well with baby led weaning they start eating "food" at six months. Food in long strips that they can start gumming and chewing on but by nine months they normally have their pincer grasp and if so they can start having bite size pieces.

http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/ ... ldbaby.htm[url]

Try this site- it should give you a good idea of what you can start with. Has he had any solids yet?

Mum mums, puffs are good to start with if he hasnt and be aware of any food allergies in your family. But here is a general list of foods that my babies were eating at nine months. You honestly do just have to look at the allergy guidelines, use common sense and decide what you want him to have. Also if I am unsure then the AAP website is a pretty good reference.

Cheerios
Scrambled Eggs (we don't have allergies, so they eat the whole egg)
Whole wheat waffles (usually sprinkle some cinnamon on it)
Cut up strawberries (again no allergies)
Advocado
Canned Peaches (in pear syrup and rinsed)
String Cheese- cut lengthwise to make it thinner (I don't cut it up- I just hand it to them)
Canned Tuna
Gerber puffs or the Gerber veggie cheetos
Green beans
Nitrate free lunch meat (I roll it and hand it to them)
Cantaloupe- (I usually cut it into strips)
Watermelon
Grilled cheese cut into pieces or a sandwich with cheese and lunch meat cut into pieces
Baked sweet potato cut into "fries" are a really good first "food" or you can do the same with an apple.
Meatloaf
Baked chicken- I also give this to them in strips though Schaefer has been wanting him in bite size pieces lately

That is all I can think of right now. But just remember start out slow with something easy and then go from there. As long as you are watching the salt and sugar intake then there really isn't anything he can't have within reason. Your mom- its up to you! We absolutely won't be doing shellfish or peanuts/peanut butter for a while b/c of the allergy risk!
bethann
Angel
Angel

Postby coastieschick » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:38 pm

Yeah he gets baby foods and the little puffs but the only "people food" I've given him is banana, watermelon, cucumber, and potatos and just b/c it was mostly stuff he'd had in his jars of baby food.

Thanks for the help!!! I'm sure he'll like the variety ;)
coastieschick
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Kisty214 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:09 pm

With my 9mo old our schedule is

7/8am he wakes up and plays then around 9 we do oatmeal (actual oatmeal not baby) then he will take 4oz of formula

1130 we do a stage 3 or 2 stage two baby foods or if we are eating something I know he can chew he will eat what we have ( and on this I just break what ever we have up small enough where he won't choke)

Right after lunch he goes down for a nap when he wakes up he will take a 7oz bottle

Then around 5 he will take another 5/7oz bottle

7/8 will eat dinner what we have or baby food

930ish he takes a bottle

Midnight he wakes for a 7 oz

4am he wakes for another 7 oz

Our ped told me I could go ahead with the vitamin but with ds1 she had me wait until he was a year old so I think that varies? My boys hate it and honestly we don't do them but once every few weeks because mine hate it and no matter what I put it in to hide it they refuse to eat again and ds1 already only eats a handful of foods so I don't push it like I should
ME-Kisty(27) DH-Brett(32)
DS1: 9/14/09
DS2: 8/12/10
m/c 3/3/08
m/c 5/15/11
DS3: 2/21/12

Kisty214
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby coastieschick » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:17 am

Thanks a lot you guys!
coastieschick