Two Week Wait

Sleepless nights. Breastfeeding vs Bottle. Baby's first milestones. Vaccinations. Teething. Crawling.
Post a reply

Teething tabs ... help for braces pain?

Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:38 am

My DSS got braces 2 days ago and is in pain.. Do you think that Hylands Teething tabs would help???? I would like to offer a more natural methood to help his pain.....
If so how many... says 2-3 for babies.. he is 12 lol

Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:32 pm

hell no. i'm sorry, just give motrin! lol

Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:48 am

did he have any teeth removed? I had braces when I was about his age, for what seemed like an eternity, and unfortunately, having had them I don't think teething tablets will help as the braces are pushing the teeth into place. I would suggest Children's Tylenol, Motrin or Advil.

hope he feels better!

Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:56 pm

you could try. They certainly won't hurt him, but they might not work. If they do though, great!

When I had braces I just took Advil or Ibuprofen.

Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:19 pm

Just have him chew gum. Kids with braces can have gum that is sugar free unless they have an appliance like an expander. But ibuprofen is really the best pain reliever. I got braces last November and I was in pain for a month. I also work as an orthodontic assistant and we tell patients to chew gum and take ibuprofen every 4-6 hours to stay on top of the pain. He will also need to take ibuprofen 1 hr before his next appointment cause the first tightening appointment hurts pretty bad. Tell him it gets better with time. :)
Post a reply
IsoFresh
PregEase
Milkies Milksaver
PeaPodPrenatal
Milkies Milk Trays
DreamBelly Butter
Nursing Blend