night terrors?

Sleepless nights. Breastfeeding vs Bottle. Baby's first milestones. Vaccinations. Teething. Crawling.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

night terrors?

Postby savigny » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:10 am

anyone have experience with this? our 10 month old sometimes (and often, recently) wakes up about 3 - 4 hrs after falling asleep screaming and crying hysterically. now, he's never been the best sleeper, and does not STTN, but usually goes at least 6 hrs before waking, and often 7 - 9hrs. the only thing that will work is me BFing him, though I really don't think he can be hungry. he falls asleep on his own at night and at naps so I don't think it's a case of needing the breast to fall asleep (although in this case it seems that he does, no amount of comforting by my husband or I, or leaving him alone to cry through it will work, when sometimes these things do work on him).
help!
33 me
37 DH

savigny
Star Member
Star Member

Postby savigny » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:13 am

ok i just read the other thread on this subject, but any more insight is welcome. thanks!
33 me
37 DH

savigny
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Nikkijames » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:54 am

I would just offer the breast if that seems to comfort him, it's obviously distressing for him.

And 6-9 hours sleep is awesome!
Melissa, DH, Hunter 12 Julianna 11, Harley 5, Dylan 4, and Piper 2.
Due 9/14/2015 with our last addition

Nikkijames
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Babies (Birth to One Year)