Anyone here just have their first rainbow baby?

Sleepless nights. Breastfeeding vs Bottle. Baby's first milestones. Vaccinations. Teething. Crawling.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Anyone here just have their first rainbow baby?

Postby darkchocolate » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:37 am

I could definitely use some support. I lost my son 9 years ago to CDH when he was six months old. He was in the NICU his whole life. I just gave birth to my beautiful rainbow baby Isabella Rose and she is amazing. The first few days I was so full of love and amazement and then the postpartum depression started. I know it has to do with lack of sleep and it's not too bad since I am taking placenta capsules. But, I am okay about 90% of the day and then there is 10% of the day where I cannot stop crying and thinking scary thoughts. I'm blessed with a very supportive DH who let's me talk, embraces my thoughts, encourages me, etc... I know that this process is healing me and healing can sometimes be very uncomfortable and scary. This is a whole new experience and of course because of my loss it is not the 'normal' experience that a new mother would be having. Anyone else out there with me who could use a support buddy to talk to and support each other? My girl was born 8 days ago and it is getting easier, but sometimes when I think it's going easier then it gets rough again. I am just taking it one day at a time. Thank you for reading. :?
BFP on 11/7/12
My age: 34 & DH 24
We are both college students.
We have an SEO biz we do together.
JuicePlus+ Distributer (great 4 prenatal)
DS Gregory 8/3/04 - 2/13/05
DD Isabella Rose born July 5th, 2013!!

darkchocolate

Re: Anyone here just have their first rainbow baby?

Postby jjgirl » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:25 pm

I am really sorry about your son. That is just heart breaking. I can totally understand about your fears and may e it would be beneficial to find a professional to talk to and help you through this! I hope it gets better for you and you can enjoy your baby girl and that the fear and pain is lifted from you. You are in my thoughts!
me (Jenn): 39
DH: 37
DS: 10/28/12
DD3/9/14
jjgirl
Angel
Angel

Postby OCT.4me » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:18 pm

I am so sorry for your loss; it wouldn't make a hill of beans if it was twenty years from now....the pain of the loss would be just the same.

I am so pleased to hear that you took that risk; called love...and choose to have another. You knew this would come, those fears would come.

I was always told not to try to chase it away but process it through. I know there is a section for rainbow babies did you check it out yet, perhaps someone there could be supportive.

I don't think you need professional help unless you were left on the couch for hours unable to cope with life....friends; husband; that is all you need..and God
Due Sept. 7th, 2015 carrying this miracle to term!!!

MY CHILDREN

ANGEL BABIES

TWO MORE ANGELS in HEAVEN as well
OCT.4me
Star Member
Star Member

Postby darkchocolate » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:45 pm

jjgirl wrote:I am really sorry about your son. That is just heart breaking. I can totally understand about your fears and may e it would be beneficial to find a professional to talk to and help you through this! I hope it gets better for you and you can enjoy your baby girl and that the fear and pain is lifted from you. You are in my thoughts!

It's been 3 weeks now and I think the first week and a half was the hardest. I've looked into counseling but haven't done it yet because my mom was here for a couple weeks helping. Things have been getting a lot easier to process, but I will eventually find a counselor because I really like talk therapy, it helps a lot. Thank you. :)

OCT.4me wrote: I am so sorry for your loss; it wouldn't make a hill of beans if it was twenty years from now....the pain of the loss would be just the same.

I am so pleased to hear that you took that risk; called love...and choose to have another. You knew this would come, those fears would come.

I was always told not to try to chase it away but process it through. I know there is a section for rainbow babies did you check it out yet, perhaps someone there could be supportive.

I don't think you need professional help unless you were left on the couch for hours unable to cope with life....friends; husband; that is all you need..and God

Thank you, yes... you are right. So far I haven't been to a counselor but I am so grateful for DH because he has helped me through this a lot and of course God... I pray even while holding my daughter and sometimes she just smiles at me. :)
BFP on 11/7/12
My age: 34 & DH 24
We are both college students.
We have an SEO biz we do together.
JuicePlus+ Distributer (great 4 prenatal)
DS Gregory 8/3/04 - 2/13/05
DD Isabella Rose born July 5th, 2013!!

darkchocolate

Postby Rosie-o » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:19 pm

Hi hun,

I lost my baby girl at 20 weeks last march and had our rainbow a week ago- a beautiful boy.

I feel your pain!!! Most of the time I'm happy and ok but there are bouts of time where I am so scared something will happen to him. I don't want to leave the house and expose him to any germs, I don't even want my friends coming over in case they make him sick! It's hugely stressful. All I can say is talk about it and give yourself some time. There are some full on hormonal changes going on right now and I think we need to give our bodies a chance to balance out a little before we panic too much.

Take care and feel free to message me privately if you like.xxxx
Me: 31
DH: 30
DD1: 2nd Feb 2010
:angel2: Sept 2011 @ 9 weeks
DD2: stillborn March 2012
DS: 31st Aug 2013
Rosie-o
Star Member
Star Member

Return to Babies (Birth to One Year)