Vaccinations

Sleepless nights. Breastfeeding vs Bottle. Baby's first milestones. Vaccinations. Teething. Crawling.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Vaccinations

Postby Laceyfitz13 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:32 pm

So without starting some huge argument, I just wanted to get others opinions on vaccinations because I'm having a hard time deciding if I want to vaccinate my daughter.

On one hand I was vaccinated as a child and so was everyone else I know. So I know you can be vaccinated without adverse effects. And I know how important they are to prevent the spreading of disease.

But on the other hand, while researching I learned about all the chemical ingredients and other toxins in vaccines and how injecting them into tiny babies can be extremely dangerous.

I've also learned that before 6 months to 1 year old, that when given a vaccine, although babies bodies create antibodies, they don't stay. Which is why multiple doses of a vaccine are needed and given.

I honestly understand both sides of the argument but I'm stuck in the middle and the more I research, the more confused I get.

I don't need or want a lecture, I just want to know what you decided and how you came to your decision.
Laceyfitz13

Re: Vaccinations

Postby lovem » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:36 am

I was in the same position as you because I, myself, had been vaccinated as a child, and as an adult, I am against vaccinations/certain medicines. However, I decided to have my child vaccinated (he will be 6 months April 17th) due to the fact that, in my personal opinion, to have my child around anyone other than myself and his father, without being vaccinated, was my concern. They're so tiny and small, and their bodies aren't ready to be exposed to certain germs. I didn't want my child getting sick and it was something that could have been prevented. It's really up to you, but in my opinion, I say go for it.. We turned out fine... It's meant for their bodies to build immunity to all these diseases and sickness anyways!
It's a boy!!
lovem
Friend

Postby prayedformybaby » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:06 am

That is definitely a hard decision to make. With my DD and DS, we chose to vaccinate. Similar to lovem, I thought about how small they are and how we need to do what we can to keep them healthy. They are around so many germs and illnesses that would hit a baby so much harder than an adult. It is hard to see them get shots but I know that in the end, it will be better for them and they will be healthier. We've not had any bad reactions to immunizations and I don't know anybody who has. There are a lot of myths surrounding vaccines so just make sure you listen to the facts from a Dr, and not from articles online/etc. :) We do keep most everything very natural (staying away from medicine when possible) but I still felt immunizations were the right call for us.
prayedformybaby
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Laceyfitz13 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:14 am

Thank you both for your opinions. My husband and I did decide to vaccinate because he's a mechanic and so he's in and out of people's cars. So, he'd be harboring all sorts of germs. And like you ladies said, their little bodies and germs don't mix.
Laceyfitz13

Postby emmi » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:51 am

Are the sites you got the information from trustful sites?
I personally think it is very irresponsible because if your kid is exposed to very small children who are not able to be vaccinated yet it can be really dangerous to them in the case of measles it could even kill them!
emmi
Friend

Return to Babies (Birth to One Year)