Two Week Wait

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.
Post a reply

Maternity clothes?! Already?

Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:31 am

Any one feel like they should be buying maternity clothes already?! :doh:

Between the bloat and the constipation I'm not fitting any of my jeans.

I'm only 6 weeks pregnant and I'm seriously contemplating getting a belly band to extend the life of my jeans. I also feel like all my shirts make me look fat, not pregnant just fat lol I've already managed to gain 5 lbs from eating everything in sight, I feel like I have little control but I am so thankful to be pregnant.

This is my second child and I'm not in very good shape (not overweight, just not toned at all) so I expect I'll show early but 6 weeks is super early so I'm just chalking it up to bloat, I seriously can't suck it in.

Anyways, just a random thing I've been thinking of all day. Hope you ladies are enjoying your first trimester as stressful as it can be.

Re: Maternity clothes?! Already?

Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:37 am

I had trouble fitting my clothes at 6 and 7 weeks. By 8 weeks it was maternity wear at home and dresses only at work. It's my first so I didn't expect to show early but I did. The extra blood, water weight and gas was enough.

I bought a couple clothes at 6-7 weeks with my rainbow and 7-8 weeks with this one and I don't regret it at all! They are so much more comfy. Even my shirts eventually had to be replaced since I am carrying extra water all over. I can't even get them on anymore and the arms are pretty tight. So I also bought some new non-mat clothes for the in-between period.

Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:45 am

I used a hair tie for a while on my jeans... A slip knot on the hole and the other side goes around the button.. I bought maternity shirts at 8 weeks and some larger cotton Bermuda type shorts... The constipation is real and for me it hasn't eased up.. I would suggest a stool softener before it gets to far out of hands.. prunes worked for me for a while, but they no longer do the trick..It can and will make you miserable..

Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:59 am

Ahh the elastic works well. I used that after my surgery along with the pj mat pants.

Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:43 pm

I am feeling the same way! I'm only about 5-6 weeks... I already need new bras and i guess its the bloating but i feel like im 6 months pregnant. this is also my second.

Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:27 pm

I was hugely bloated in the beginning of the first trimester and looked super pregnant (well like 6 months preg). I went and bought new bras and some bits and pieces. I was so bloated I couldn't even wear my wedding band anymore.

And then suddenly the bloating completely left around 7-8 weeks and I felt stupid. I'm now 12 weeks and am pretty much back to my normal pre-preg body aside from the baby bump. Guess the upside is I have stuff to wear for whenever I start filling in!

Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:38 am

I'm 8 weeks and tend to start each day looking relatively normal (have gained a few pounds through being starving but too tired to exercise), but by the evening I look 5 months gone due to bloat! I'm just glad those yoga-type patterned pants are fashionable at the moment as the elasticted waist is a godsend! I've found that upping my water intake has helped the constipation a bit.

Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:31 am

@alpacamybags I went out and bought new bras and some maternity clothes, I gave in, I like my skinny jeans but they just weren't fitting so I went out and got some maternity ones. I felt a little silly, like I'm jumping the gun, but i didn't want to be stuck in just my yoga pants all the time. At least you're ready for when that bump truly comes in, I'm so excited for it. I already find myself petting my stomach. Lol

@hev I'm nearly 8 weeks, my obgyn suggested stopping my iron pills because my blood test came back okay, I'm a little worried because my first pregnancy I nearly fainted when doing something as simple as groceries. But on the positive side the constipation has finally calmed down, the bloating is still real though. Half the time I'm living in my yoga pants right now, or leggings. I've barely been able to leave my couch due to nausea though, so can't even exercise lol luckily my dd is in school now so I can spend 6 hours on the couch with out feeling totally guilty.

Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:47 pm

I'm 8 1/2 weeks and had to buy my first round of maternity clothes today - all of my jeans are uncomfortable and I'm still trying to hide things at work, and I feel like with the bloat, I already look 4 months pregnant! My friend who's son just turned 6 months gave me some of her maternity jeans - soooo much more comfortable!! So, don't feel bad - we're all there with you! :D

Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:20 am

In case you're a first-time prospective mother or a prepared pregnancy master, you'll be requiring some maternity garments that influence you to feel astounding. Particularly on those occasions when you feel not as much as amazing.There are many maternity shops where you get the wide range of maternity clothes at affordable prices.

Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:48 pm

Hello everyone,

I am four months pregnant and I have put on some weight, due to which my regular jeans don't fit me properly.

So I want to ask you from where I should purchase my maternity clothes with latest trends?

Thanks in advance.
Post a reply
IsoFresh
PregEase
Milkies Milksaver
PeaPodPrenatal
Milkies Milk Trays
DreamBelly Butter
Nursing Blend