how long did it take you

Sleepless nights. Breastfeeding vs Bottle. Baby's first milestones. Vaccinations. Teething. Crawling.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

how long did it take you to leave you LO home alone

2 weeks
27%
4week
27%
8weeks
14%
10 plus weeks
32%

Total votes : 37

Postby Babyboy3 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:30 pm

My mom wanted to give me a night of sleep before I started Nursing classes. Little AJ was 8 weeks old when she kept him overnight. I doubt she'll do it again any time soon because he wouldn't sleep for her.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage
Babyboy3
Angel
Angel

Postby laurab007 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:43 pm

I went and got a pedicure when she was 2 weeks old. I've only left her a handful of times, mostly to get my hair done or get a pedi. Today I left her for 5 hours to go to the spa! It was heavenly, but I missed her so much!
Laura - 43 and still fabulous!
:angel: 1/19/10 M/C 8w5d d&c (triploidy)
No longer TTC

ImageImage

laurab007
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby blue-eden » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:49 pm

I noticed some people responded with 'we' left her (with others) and some responded with 'I' (including dh in the 'others' category). So I'm a little confused :lol:

But I've left her with dh to go to a knit class, but not alone with non parental people until two weeks ago when I left her with the nurse at my hospital based Mum group so I could get a chest xray. Totally not planned. So five months old is my answer. :D
Certified Lactation Educator and Breastfeeding Counselor
Mum to M, nursling 3-7-07 - 11-7-08 :hb: and Leo 4-13-09
blue-eden
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Gabbysmama » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:26 am

Okay, so I feel like a horredous mother. We left Gabrielle with my parents to see the Harry Potter movie and go out to dinner when she was about 2 1/2 months old. We did it again a few weeks later with my in laws. Never with a non - familial baby sitter. This past weekend, I went away for one night with friends, and my husband was onfull time duty. :)

*I love my daughter, but I liked the break, too*
***Patti***
Gabrielle Victoria - 4.30.2007
Katherine Elizabeth - 11.17.10
Gabbysmama
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Kelly13 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:14 am

We left Jason with MIL for 6 hours when he was 6 days old. DH was only here from Iraq for 2 weeks, and we wanted to celebrate our anniversary so we went to a nice restaurant an hour away and walked around. I kept begging DH to call and check on him, but he wouldn't because he knew he'd be fine and that MIL would call us if she needed to, lol :) I haven't freaked out that much since I've left him with people. My sister watches him all the time when I want to run to the store real quick without him.

baybeegrl: I left Jason with my mom so that my brother and I could go see Harry Potter for my birthday, lol, so don't feel bad!
Kelly13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Felix&MaxMama » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:33 pm

I had my MIL at home for about 3 weeks after I gave birth... and I did leave Félix with her at about 2 weeks... I remember going shopping for a couple of hours. DH and I also went for coffees... I have left him with my sister or DH at least once a week (even if it is just for 30 min) so I can get out of the house a little.

I did even go on a business trip in June where I had to sleep in Ottawa for a night... that was hard! I used to travel quite a bit for work and I am dreading going back... since I will probably have to travel. I NEED to put him in bed at night and get MY goodnight kiss!
ImageImage
VOTE NOW! http://www.expectnet.com/logingame.php?game_name=Maxim
[url=http://www.baby-gaga.com/]
Felix&MaxMama
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Previous

Return to Babies (Birth to One Year)