Crying it out

Sleepless nights. Breastfeeding vs Bottle. Baby's first milestones. Vaccinations. Teething. Crawling.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

What do you think about crying it out?

Against it
71%
Tried it-Didn't work it
24%
Tired it-Regret it
5%

Total votes : 21

Postby Artemnesia » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:33 am

I feel like Lilah's INSANE night waking might be my fault too...like maybe I went to her too soon in the beginning. Sometimes I picked her up when she was only fussing...maybe she was still asleep or would've settled herself if I'd left her alone. I don't know. I'm going to do modified CIO too, starting today. I can't continue to wake up 10+ times a night and be a functioning human being and mother, it's just not normal or healthy for either one of us.

And I'm disappointed and feel bad about it, but that's not because I think I'm making the wrong decision. I'm just bitter that it's come to this; I feel singled out-- everyone else's baby seems to wake only 2 or 3 times at least most of the time. I really would have preferred it not to be necessary but it is. I really liked it when things seemed simple and I had a philosophy to follow. But in this case the philosophy does not match up to the reality I have to live in. I never thought that Lilah would be "convenient" at night, but what I've been dealing with for the past 2 months is way beyond belief. I'd like to stop being a martyr and focus on being a mother. A semi-rested mother who can drive a car without worrying about falling asleep at the wheel.
Erin, mama to Lilah (11/06) and Lex (1/09)

There are over a million living white blood cells in a single drop of breastmilk.
Artemnesia
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby jenna_sue » Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:27 am

We do a modified CIO. We never let him cry more then 5 minutes before we go and check on him. Usually if he is still crying after 5 minutes there is a reason. He has flipped over, can't find his lovey or has decided that he really is hungry. We fix the problem and then he will go right to bed.

If for some reason he won't calm down after I thought I fixed the problem I will pat him on the back and sometimes pick him up to reassure him and then put him back down.
jenna_sue
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby zaysmommie » Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:58 am

I have let him cry it out a few times. Not more than like 2 minutes or so. I just needed a break from the crying so I sat him down and left the room for a little bit. I won't do it unless I'm about to start crying myself,lol!!
Michele-24
Jason-25
Izayah-9 months
M/C-March 3rd,2007
zaysmommie
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Previous

Return to Babies (Birth to One Year)