I need you guys help in making a decision **UPDATE**

Solid foods. Babbling. Teething molars. Behavior changes. First words and sentences. Learning and growing fast.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

What should I do about her hair?

Leave her hair long and only get her bangs cut
34%
I like the hair cut you found get her hair cut that way
45%
I dont like that hair cut but I have a suggestion
5%
5%
5%
5%

Total votes : 38

I need you guys help in making a decision **UPDATE**

Postby Arieanna » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:15 pm

Ok first of all I know this is gonna sound silly but Im so torn on what to do. Hayden has never had the back of her hair cut only her bangs however right now the child has got some hair. I have seriously thought about getting the back of her hair cut but having second thoughts. My DH never really has wanted me to get the back of her hair cut. So recently I have asked him and he said it dont matter you do what you have to cause your the one that has to fix it LOL so that didnt help me much cause I know in his heart he would rather me not cut it however he sees her hair and it takes some work I have gotten it down to where it dont take me much time now but I have to keep it up in pig tails or something to keep it out of her way not to mention its getting hot its already in the 80s here and she has alot of hair so I dont want her playing outside and getting over heated or anything. So Im torn I have even picked out a hair cut that I think is cute but when I showed it to DH he acted like he didnt want me to get her hair cut and part of me dont however I will show you guys what Im talking about and first of all this is her hair right now please excuse the messy hair I quickly brushed it out to take the pic and she dont like it in her eyes so I tried to brush it to the side LOL

This is the back

and the front of course

sorry bad pics she is tired but had to get two quick pics. This is how she normally wears her hair now because there is so much of it we have to keep it up.

This is the hair cut that I found that I have been thinking about getting her hair cut like but Im just having such a hard time getting it cut although I have an appointment on Thursday at 11:00 so I have to have my mind set by then.

So tell me what you guys think. I will add a poll but also if you guys have any other suggestions of hair cuts that you think are cute or would be cute on her please post them Im open to other options or it you think I shouldnt cut the back also just let me know what you think.

***UPDATE***

Well we went to the hair place on Thursday and I just couldnt do it... get her hair cut short that is. I got her bangs trimmed and both of the back two layers of her hair trimmed and that was it. Thank you to everyone who answered I was really gonna get it short till she was sitting in the little chair and the lady asked me so how are we cutting her hair today and all I could get out of my mouth was just a trim LOL Maybe next time =)
Last edited by Arieanna on Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arieanna
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Arieanna » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:24 pm

Wow the poll got really messed up and it wont let me fix it =( sorry but at least the third option is there :lol:
Arieanna
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Lstar311 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:22 am

She has gorgeous hair! The haircut you found is adorable. Either way she will look beautiful. I am partial to long hair!
Lstar311
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby emoprincesa » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:49 am

I said other suggestion.

I do like the haircut....but I really like her hair no :oops: And I like her bangs swooped to the side.

So my suggestions is to leave it how it is. :lol: To let her bangs grow out too. My mom always cut my bangs when I was little and I hated it. I have vowed to never cut Ava's bangs unless she specifically requests it.

But I do think she will be gorgeous however you get it done! :D
Amber (27) Mommy to Brayden ( 07.07.07 ) and Ava ( 09.09.08 )
emoprincesa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mandyt6 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:29 am

Wow, does she have alot of hair!! This is my opinion: I would keep bangs and get it cut like the picture you posted - short enough where it is off her neck. Since it's hot where you live....and you need to put it up all the time anyways, that's what I would do.
As far as the bangs go - because she has so much hair, and it's so thick, I would keep the bangs cut, so you don't add more "bulk" to her hair.

Having said that....whatever you choose to do, she will look ADORABLE!!! :D
DD: 5
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
15 DPO Beta 158
17 DPO Beta 578
24 DPO Beta 9428
mandyt6
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Aimee25 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:05 pm

Her hair is beautiful!!! But I agree with Mandy!
Me--32, DH--33, DS-Brayden, DS-Weston, #3 due 1/10/14
:angel: 6/21/09 @ 6 wks
Aimee25
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby montacki » Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:38 pm

Ohh, her hair is beautiful and it looks so healthy :)

For practical reasons, I would go ahead and cut it short. The haircut you found still looks girly and cute but it won't be so hot for her during the summer. I wouldn't worry about it too much because it will grow back anyway, so you can have it long again when it gets cooler. And it's probably healthier for her hair to have it down instead of up in pigtails all the time anyway, IMO.
montacki
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby tmb74 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:13 pm

hmm, I'm torn. When I look at the pics of her hair I think "don't cut it". Then when I look at the pic of the hairstyle you want I say "ooh, that's cute...cut it". THEN, I see her pic in your siggy and I say "ok, trim it...but not too much!". Sorry, I know this doesn't help much, but I'm CERTAIN she will be absolutely beautiful no matter what you decide!

Ok, I looked again and I vote cut it! I just LOVE that hairstyle on little girls!
Theresa(36), Dh(47), DS1(4), DS2(2), DS3: JACKSON LANE born March 17th!! :hb:
tmb74
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

us too

Postby HawaiiMommy » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:34 am

We're in a similar position DD's hair is similar in volume and length. We haven't cut it because she leaves a barette in to keep the hair out of her face but if she won't leave a barette in don't grow the bangs out. It will just end up being too short to pull back and you will get yourself in a bit of a frustrated place. Also with that natural curl in there remember that when you cut it the curl could bounce up again. My hair looks straight when it is long but I just got it cut short and the curl tweeks it everywhere.

I don't know what to suggest I just thought I would add those things to the consideration. Her hair is beautiful, and like pp said no matter how you cut it you always have another chance because it will grow out again.
HawaiiMommy
Star Member
Star Member

Postby PinkOrchid » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:02 pm

My daughters hair is the same way. When she was a year old it was halfway down her back!

I couldnt bare to cut my DDs hair, but I did cut the bangs to keep it out of her snot and out of her face...I like the long hair, so I guess I'm a bit biased. I think bangs and long hair looks super cute.
EDD November 15th! Grow baby grow!

Ashley:28
DD:4
PinkOrchid
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Grooviechick » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:02 am

I am anti-bangs because of my SD. She's 8 and we have just recently gotten rid of the bangs she's had her whole life. Her hair still wants to fall straight down in her face for falling down into bangs for so long. So personally, I refuse to cut bangs into my DD's hair. I voted to cut it like the pic.
Grooviechick
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KsMa » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:33 am

I say leave the back, let it grow a couple inches longer, then trim it straight across, leaving her with longer hair at or below her relaxed shoulders. The picture of the short cut is cute, but I don't think her hair is going to do that. It looks too thick and naturally wavy/curly, I think it will flip out and you will be unhappy with it. I have thick, naturally wavy hair and tried to cut it short like that once--disaster big time! Too short to put up, too long to leave down, and it flipped every which way.
She has such gorgeous hair!!!
May 2007 & May 2010 Mommy
ImageImage
KsMa
Angel
Angel

Postby Cally » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:02 pm

I voted leave her hair long and get her fringe cut but then I thought I would sooner leave her fringe grow out, she has such gorgeous hair, I think it would be a sin to cut it, I cant wait for Ó's hair to grow more
Me-34
DS-Fionn 13
DD1-Saoirse 11
DD2- Órlaith 5

ImageImage
Cally
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Toddlers (One to Two Years)