How small do you cut pu food

Solid foods. Babbling. Teething molars. Behavior changes. First words and sentences. Learning and growing fast.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby Grooviechick » Mon May 09, 2011 7:50 am

I cut DS's in slices then in 1/4s too. DH always fusses at me for giving him pieces that are too little. But he can always shove 3 in his mouth for a mouth full. If the pieces are too big, there's no going back! The pedi agreed with me. :twisted:
Grooviechick
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Liza24 » Tue May 10, 2011 2:31 pm

with connor i cut the hotdog in half, then into little pieces. I let him eat the skin, as thats the best part! we dont do hotdogs often, maybe once a week in summer. He loves fish sticks too i get the Haddock ones, not the minced fish ( EWWWW)

I know he's chewing his food well, as he even sits and chews his mac & cheese and home made chicken nuggets.
Me:37
DH:48
Connor: 6
BFP #2!! 9/24/2015

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
Liza24
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby memi » Mon May 16, 2011 6:40 am

I am def. the minority here. I give both kids hot dogs whole. If they don't want it in a bun, then I will wrap a piece of paper towel around the hot dog, and give it to them and they eat it like a cheese stick. Both my kids have been eating them this way since they were about a year old. They WILL NOT eat them cut up. They have NEVER choked on them, or any food for that matter. I don't recommend this for every child, but it's what works at our house with food. Both kids are very very picky eaters, but love veggies, so we compromise, and do a hot dog stick with a cheese stick and some sort of veggie. Both kids will even eat Brussels Sprouts!!
me--Emily (31 )
DH-( 32 )
DS-8/31/06
DD-8/16/09

memi
Angel
Angel

Previous

Return to Toddlers (One to Two Years)