My worry tonight

Solid foods. Babbling. Teething molars. Behavior changes. First words and sentences. Learning and growing fast.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

My worry tonight

Postby JBAX » Mon May 23, 2011 11:12 pm

My DD has this cough that I am nervous about. Every few minutes she coughs very hard and then stops and goes back to sleep. I just have this bad feeling about it because its has been persistent. I dont feel like the doctors have been paying enough attention to it. My DH is going to have to take her to the doctor on Wednesday. I cant sleep and she just sounds so bad. I am wondering if she asperated(sp) something into her lungs?? Does that seem out there???
Me: Jennifer 26
Dh: Aaron 31
DD: GreenLee born 05-19-09
Happily expecting #2. This time w/out meds. Which was a shock due to PCOS.
JBAX
Angel
Angel

Postby Leighsah » Tue May 24, 2011 8:39 am

Aspiration is always possible, but you would hear "junk" in there. When she breathes, can you hear mucous in her air passages? Is the cough productive (is she coughing stuff up)? Any other symptoms? What does it sound like.....if she sounds like a "barking seal".....that's like croup. If it's a dry cough (no movement o mucous), then probably just allergies or a cold. If it's a wet cough (can hear mucous moving), then it could be pneumonia, bronchitis, or a bad upper respiratory infection.

Also watch her chest when she breathes (without a shirt). How many times does she breathe in one minute? Is her chest "sucking in" around the rib cage when she inhales?? Does she have a fever?

Leighsah
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Toddlers (One to Two Years)