Tip toeing???

Solid foods. Babbling. Teething molars. Behavior changes. First words and sentences. Learning and growing fast.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Tip toeing???

Postby jamie81 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:38 pm

DD (13mos) loves to tip toe....she isn't walking yet and when we try and help her walk she only uses her tip toes. I don't get it??? Anyone else experienced this with your LO??
TTC#1 since July 2008
BFP 9/07/2009
Beautiful Madilyn born @ 37 weeks 05/03/2010 via c-section!!!
jamie81
Angel
Angel

Postby MightyMarj » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:44 pm

I think it's normal. Both my kids still tiptoe a lot, even though they're both walking. No idea what the reason behind it is though!
Me: 34 DH: 38 DS: Colvin, 6 DD: Georgia, 4 DD: Ella, 4, from Russia
Baby #4 c-section scheduled for July 28!
:angel: Aug 2012 at 5 wks 3 days

Adoption story http://aplantingforhisglory.blogspot.com//, Love fabric? http://www.etsy.com/shop/mightymarj
MightyMarj
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Tes_Wants1 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:01 pm

My two year old has been doing it since she started walking at 11mos. It's so bad she even curls her toes around forward and walks on them like a ballerina. we're CONSTANTLY reminding her to walk on her flat feet or heals but she soon forgets and is bak on her toes. Our doctor sent us to physio therapy where they showed us a stretch to help her achiles tendon. Kids usually tiptoe cause their achilles is to short or tight. So by stretching them out will make it more comfortable to walk flat footed. If that doesn't resolve OUR issue then eventually our daughter will have to have surgery to snip the tendon to lenghten it so she eventually is comfortable to be flat footed....but this is just our scenario. Most kids u needn't worry about most kids grow out of it. Good luck to you!
Teresa, Derek, Hailey + Sarah Ann born Oct 7th 2011, 7lbs 4 oz
Tes_Wants1
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby stuckunderhere » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:14 am

Tes_Wants1 wrote:My two year old has been doing it since she started walking at 11mos. It's so bad she even curls her toes around forward and walks on them like a ballerina. we're CONSTANTLY reminding her to walk on her flat feet or heals but she soon forgets and is bak on her toes. Our doctor sent us to physio therapy where they showed us a stretch to help her achiles tendon. Kids usually tiptoe cause their achilles is to short or tight. So by stretching them out will make it more comfortable to walk flat footed. If that doesn't resolve OUR issue then eventually our daughter will have to have surgery to snip the tendon to lenghten it so she eventually is comfortable to be flat footed....but this is just our scenario. Most kids u needn't worry about most kids grow out of it. Good luck to you!

Sam is 2.5 and does this... our doc says to do stretching exercises and to make him wear shoes 24/7 (except for sleep). If it doesnt work, she said he's going for surgery.. eek!

His tendons are too short (just like his mama!) and that creates this tiptoeing issue.
stuckunderhere
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Lovie » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:27 pm

My DS does this too....he has been doing since he could walk. It's normal. He can walk fine, but will tip toe when he's playing, etc.

Lovie
Angel
Angel

tiptoeing

Postby starberries » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:15 pm

my son is 19 months and just started tiptoeing. he walks fine, but sometimes he tiptoes. i too have been wondering why might he be doing it. is it normal?
starberries

Postby coastieschick » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:15 pm

I've been watching my son for this too, it sounds like its pretty common??? He will walk flat footed but he stands/walks on his tip toes a lot too (he'll be 11months friday and isn't quite walking on his own yet)

What stretch do you do to try and help?
coastieschick
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Liza24 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:42 am

Lovie wrote:My DS does this too....he has been doing since he could walk. It's normal. He can walk fine, but will tip toe when he's playing, etc.

My son is the same way. he will walk with his toys flat footed, but when he gets excited or playing he tip toes. The doc said if he can walk flat footed, then the heel is fine, just got to get him in the the practice of flat foot walking all the time.
Me:37
DH:48
Connor: 6
BFP #2!! 9/24/2015

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
Liza24
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Toddlers (One to Two Years)