Potty Training Boy 2.5 years old

Solid foods. Babbling. Teething molars. Behavior changes. First words and sentences. Learning and growing fast.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Potty Training Boy 2.5 years old

Postby Bellablue3 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:38 am

I am about to start potty training my 2 1/2 year old. Why I say I'm about to start is we are expecting a baby any day now and I don't want him to regress when she gets here. However I'm worried about starting now, beacause he is very very scared of the bathroom. He will not go in it if the door is shut. He will follow me in if I have to go to the bathroom. Forget about flushing,or sitting on toilet. We have a lil potty, but haven't triedto get him on that.

Any suggestions. Should I wait?
<div>Mom: 26<br />Dad: 26<br />DS: 2<br />DD: 11wks</div>
Bellablue3
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby tufjewel » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:12 pm

My son just turned 2 and we are also expecting a baby in 4 weeks. I was going to try and get him potty trained before she comes but I have decided to wait. I don't have the energy right now to follow him around every second and run him back and forth to the potty etc.. Besides when I'm in the hospital will everybody else be able to follow our routine etc... and he may regress and then it could be a disaster. I don't want to wait too long because personally I feel there is a window and if you push potty training past that perfect window you just make it harder on yourself. I'm going to wait till the baby is about 2-3 months old then go for it. Hopefully I will be feeling better by then and more able. Right now I'm huge!!
Shaelyn Rose
Born 6/23/2011
7.14 lbs 19 3/4 inches
tufjewel
Angel
Angel

Return to Toddlers (One to Two Years)