shouting no and being cheeky

Solid foods. Babbling. Teething molars. Behavior changes. First words and sentences. Learning and growing fast.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

shouting no and being cheeky

Postby Hunnybunny22 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:28 am

my son was 2 in may and since then hes been a nightmare. temper tantrums, banging his head on the floor when he doesnt get his own way, whining, being emotional about everything and scared of everything that makes a noise even the things he used to like.
he has recently started shouting no at me all the time when giving instructions and asking him questions... is it me or did i already go through this stage when he first learnt to speak.... gggrrrrrrr
hes also shouting back and making a growling noise when i discipline him. we use the naughty step and when he is good hes rewarded so we do the right thing in that scheme of things. does anyone have any good tips for getting through this stage?

me:26 OH: 29
DS born: 42w1d 14.05.09 DD born 42w1d 15.04.11 DS 2 40w4d 27.10.13
Hunnybunny22
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby molly » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:08 am

Sorry, no great advice - but wanted to say that I could have written your post! My son was 2 in Jan. He is beautiful but has really tested me since turning 2! His favourite word is No and he does this frowning/growling thing... Anytime I ask him to do something, I know what the answer is. Now, I just get him to choose between 2 things so that he feels like he has a bit of control and praise him for doing the right thing/making the right decision etc. He knows what the time out stwp is and we use it ever few days after a warning.... Unfortunately thy're testing us and trying to get a bit of independance. This too shall pass! :D Hang in there!
ImageImage
ImageImage
molly
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Zara » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:57 am

I could of written it too lol... His answer to everything is NO! Its actually funny. Temper galore... we have good days and NO days :) Every phase passes fairly quickly for us so i'm not worried ;)

7/5/12 :angel: Blighted Ovum
Zara
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Return to Toddlers (One to Two Years)