Are all potty chairs created equal?

Solid foods. Babbling. Teething molars. Behavior changes. First words and sentences. Learning and growing fast.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Are all potty chairs created equal?

Postby benney » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:12 pm

My DS is 14 mos old. Not really going to try potty training any time soon but am thinking of getting a potty chair to atleast get him aquainted with it. Are all potty chairs equal, are any better than the others.
benney
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby NotBarbaraBush » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:08 pm

The only thing I wanted was a soft, cushioned seat. If DD is going to spend a lot of time with it then I want it to be comfortable and not leave marks on her little cheeks.
The one I have also turns into a step stool which is handy sometimes.

This is the one I have:
http://www.safety1st.com/usa/eng/Products/Child-Care/Potties/Details/1763-07034-Comfy-Cushy-3-in-1-Potty

DD really, really likes this potty. She sits on it frequently and is always excited to sit on her potty.
NotBarbaraBush
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Egray » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:07 pm

Like NotBarbarabush said a comfy seat is important. I got the girls Baby Bjorn pottys and they hate them. They won't sit on them for more than 30 seconds. I'm going to look into something else for them this month.
Egray
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby JenAsh3 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:56 am

Not if you have a little boy! We have frog potty chairs & the front comes up high. My mom has a different one & the front does not come up high. Every time ds would sit on it, he would pee all over the floor. Never had any problems with the one we have. Didn't matter with dd. No cushion, but that never seemed to bother the kids.
Jen
A&D 12/12/07
P 10/6/09
JenAsh3
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby lukesmommy » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:12 pm

JenAsh3 wrote:Not if you have a little boy! We have frog potty chairs & the front comes up high. My mom has a different one & the front does not come up high. Every time ds would sit on it, he would pee all over the floor. Never had any problems with the one we have. Didn't matter with dd. No cushion, but that never seemed to bother the kids.

I second this! Frog potty chair is the best for a little boy! If he's anywhere else, I have to aim his penis down or he shoots pee across the room! LOL!
Me - 28
DH - 30
TTC #1 since June 2005 ~ 35 cycles total

IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP!
lukesmommy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby memi » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:01 am

I agree also! My son would have done great with the frog potty!! We have it now for DD and she LOVES it!!

We tried the cushy seat one for both kids and they HATED it! I disliked it because I never felt that the cushion part was clean enough. I always felt like the pee would soak into that material (even though it probably couldn't)....

My DS only would go on the big toilet with a step stool and the little seat that rests on top. DD goes on the frog potty and sometime the big potty with no seat attachment.

I guess try out a seat and see what your child is most comfortable with!
me--Emily (31 )
DH-( 32 )
DS-8/31/06
DD-8/16/09

memi
Angel
Angel

Return to Toddlers (One to Two Years)