Night Terrors???19 months old

Solid foods. Babbling. Teething molars. Behavior changes. First words and sentences. Learning and growing fast.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Night Terrors???19 months old

Postby Manthaj » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:38 am

My son has for about 6 months now woke up maybe once a month at night with uncontrollable night screaming. He does not want to be comforted, he doesn't want a cup. Nothing. He had one last night and i finally realized he is not awake but his eyes are open. I have been reading up on these and i feel horrible cause they say the kids are scared that something is getting them or they are being taken!!I have always just tried to console him for a while then i would get mad cause i thought he was just being mean and fighting me not knowing that he was having these terrors...ugh... What should i do? Am i alone in this? I feel like a horrible mother cause it took me 6 months to figure this out!!!
Manthaj
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby codiisknockedup » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:26 pm

DS gets them occasionally and they are horrible. You have to let them sort it out because they don't know who you are. We have found that turning on the light and reciting books or songs helps. As well as putting on one of his shows (Elmo or Baby Einstein) seems to snap him out of it as well.
Me - Codi 26
DH - Ian 26
DS1 - Dax born January 17, 2010
DS2 - Cason born August 31, 2011
DD1 - Due September 10, 2014 - Team PINK this time
Furbabies - Lucy (mini aussiedoodle) and Zara the cat
codiisknockedup
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Egray » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:24 am

My DD gets them too. I bring them into the livingroom and put on Elmo and she snaps out, then looks confused! Lol.

I do know that on days Gillian doesn't nap well she gets them. So make sure he is getting good sleep during the day because that can cause him to have them!
Egray
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Toddlers (One to Two Years)