advice needed

Solid foods. Babbling. Teething molars. Behavior changes. First words and sentences. Learning and growing fast.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

advice needed

Postby babyvalentine » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:23 am

this is not pregnancy related but still need advice. My two almost three year old normally would get up but not get out of bed and call for us till we came into her room and say good morning and she would get up. Well then it turned into coming into our room to wake up up. Well now she still wakes up but not till after she is up in the house for god knows how long getting into everything. Like this morning it was toothpaste on the bathroom floor. oil all over the bathroom floor ( we have a reed defuser on top shelf above toilet) turtle food and turtle snack ( which smells horrible) in piles around the living and dining room.

she is not a bad kid i just dont know what to do to get her to stop messing wit all this stuff in the morning. she normally doesnt mess with any of this things anyother time. she knows what all this stuff is and what we do with it.

i need ideas how to stop this make her stay in her room something i am done here especially waking up and at 730 still have asleep having to clean up freeze dried brine shrimp. i can still smell it. and my stomach cant handlle this lol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DD-2 12/22/08
BFP #2 on 5/20/11
Together since 2006
married on 4/30
~~tiffany~~
babyvalentine
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scases » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:35 am

Have you tried a baby gate on her door. We did this when we transitioned from crib to toddler bed. Now we don't use it because Vivian stays in her room when she wakes up she comes into my room and climbs in bed with us. I only use the gate when it is time for bed/nap and she will not stay in her room.
Me - 35, DH - 36
DD - 13, DS - 11, DD - 3

http://casesfamily.blogspot.com/

scases
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babyvalentine » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:02 am

baby gates havent worked for over a year now. we put em up after she started walking and then she climbed over them :(

DD-2 12/22/08
BFP #2 on 5/20/11
Together since 2006
married on 4/30
~~tiffany~~
babyvalentine
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby NotBarbaraBush » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:17 am

maybe one of those night lights that has the moon and sun. When the sun is lit up she can get up and around the house.
Or you could put a monitor in her room and just wake up when she does.
NotBarbaraBush
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babyvalentine » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:47 pm

we have a moniter but she is too quiet when she gets up in the am.

DD-2 12/22/08
BFP #2 on 5/20/11
Together since 2006
married on 4/30
~~tiffany~~
babyvalentine
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Tiffaney » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:31 am

what if you shut her door at night and put a chime on it so you know when she opens it?

Have you tried having a talk with her about how important it is to come in and get you first?
Me (Tiff) - 30, DH - 31
DD - born 11/4/2008
blog: http://babykuper.blogspot.com/
Tiffaney
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Toddlers (One to Two Years)