Lactose intolerant to Lactose TOLERANT?

Solid foods. Babbling. Teething molars. Behavior changes. First words and sentences. Learning and growing fast.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Lactose intolerant to Lactose TOLERANT?

Postby MotoX Mom » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:47 pm

When we were weaning at 14m, DD had a terrible time with lactose in milk. She would SCREAM for 1/2 hr after having any. At that time I had tried goats milk (fail), cow milk (fail) and ended up with an organic lactose free formula. I switched from the formula to organic lac free milk about 2 (?) months ago.

The store was out of the ONLY lac/free organic milk I can find, so I bought regular organic. She had about 2-3 oz this afternoon and seems to be doing fine.

Has anyone else experienced this? What kind of timeline could your child begin tolerating lactose after not being able to have it?

Also fyi, she has always been fine with yogurt (goats) and now can tolerate regular yogurt, cheese and milk (as long as it is in food as an ingredient). Does it sound like her digestive system is mature enough now to handle the regular milk?

Me 42, DH 34, Happily Married 7 years
Proud and grateful to be a SAHM to our precious girl!

2009 IVF#1
MotoX Mom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Lactose intolerant to Lactose TOLERANT?

Postby MightyMarj » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:10 pm

Motoxchic wrote:Does it sound like her digestive system is mature enough now to handle the regular milk?

Sounds like it! Count your lucky stars! :yay:
Me: 34 DH: 38 DS: Colvin, 6 DD: Georgia, 4 DD: Ella, 4, from Russia
Baby #4 c-section scheduled for July 28!
:angel: Aug 2012 at 5 wks 3 days

Adoption story http://aplantingforhisglory.blogspot.com//, Love fabric? http://www.etsy.com/shop/mightymarj
MightyMarj
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Egray » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:32 am

Lactose intolerance in infants is usually something they grow out of. So, hopefully thats the case with your DD!
Egray
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Toddlers (One to Two Years)