OMG help me (sleep issues)

Solid foods. Babbling. Teething molars. Behavior changes. First words and sentences. Learning and growing fast.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

OMG help me (sleep issues)

Postby jadie_f » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:24 am

So DD1 is not even 2 yet. She naps once a day for about 2 hours. She still seems to really need her nap. Most nights she sleeps well, if she wakes up a quick comforting puts her back out.

BUT about once a week or so when she wakes up she wont go back to sleep, I mean, at all. She has been up since about 3 am, at first she cries, and I am BFing DD2 so DH comforts her. Then she screams when he leaves the room, so he lays in bed with her. Now whether he lays in bed with her or brings her into our bed, heres what happens. She starts playing. Like talking, laughing, singing etc. She wont sleep. So whn that happens we put he back in bed. Sometimes she starts screaming again, so the back and forth commences. Tonight, I kept putting her back in bed and comforting her, and after about 10 minutes, blissful silence. I keep checking the monitor and her eyes are wide open!

This happens once a week. I dont know what is going on. She isnt sick, isnt in pain etc. She is simply awake and wanting to play. She is in bed at 8pm and up at 6-7. She does have molars coming in, but she doesnt complain of pain at all.

Uhhh, I just need sleep, between this crap and a nursing baby I am losing too much sleep, help!
Di Di Ci Ci
:hb: 10/19/09 :hb:
Jay Jay Nay Nay is here! Born au naturel in my CAR!!!
:hb: 4/26/11 :hb:

And for my next trick....surrogacy! BFP 5dp5dt! EDD 2/22!

http://mylifeisblindhope.blogspot.com/
jadie_f
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Egray » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:03 am

Finley did the same thing to me last night. Was up from Midnight until 4:00 am. I finally put her on the couch and put on Winnie the pooh and fell asleep on the other couch. I don't know if she eventually went to bed or not but she woke me up at 6:40 this morning pinching my nose.

She used to do it alot and I would just let her CIO in her room until she fell asleep, lately though she has had some serious seperation anxiety from me and won't fall asleep in her room. I put her to bed on the couch and move her every night now.

Anyway, I feel your pain.....
Egray
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Tiffaney » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:27 pm

is it the same day every week? anything different about that day? naptime?
Me (Tiff) - 30, DH - 31
DD - born 11/4/2008
blog: http://babykuper.blogspot.com/
Tiffaney
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby fortune313 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:04 pm

DS was doing that for a while. He had two naps a day and we cut it down to one, and even then he only sleeps for an hour, no more than an hour and a half.

It was within two days and thankfully he started sleeping through the night again. It may be a long shot, but it may be worth a try to cut her nap down some. Good luck :hugs:
Me (26) DH (28)

We're so blessed!!
# 1 EDD 02.11.10
-01/08/10- diagnosed with preeclampsia, induced 5 weeks early

Logan was born 01/09/10!!!
5.74lbs 17.5 inches

Currently TTC #2 (07/2011)

Dx: PCOS

Clomid 50mg -BFP - 09/13/12 (incomplete miscarriage @ 5w3d)
10/01/12 confirmed ectopic pregnancy

Still praying for a miracle # 2
fortune313
Angel
Angel

Return to Toddlers (One to Two Years)