Terrible Twos

Solid foods. Babbling. Teething molars. Behavior changes. First words and sentences. Learning and growing fast.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Terrible Twos

Postby MominMD » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:18 am

Anyone else deep in the throes of this? Ours is compounded by the fact that we had twins 2 weeks before he hit two. "No", "No want it" and "No, Mine" are his favorite words. He also likes to randomly scream, although this SEEMS to be getting better. He asks for something to eat, only to refuse it when you bring it out to him. He is definitely exerting his sense of control.

I know the twins made it worse, and DP and I are sleep deprived and do not have the reserves to always handle it as well as we should. Just hoping we are not the only ones with a kid in terrible twos testing us all day.

I love him, it is just hard.
MominMD
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby QueenC » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:58 am

Im there with you. Our son will be 3 in January and the past month or so have been very difficult. Our main problem is he keeps chasing the dogs, jumping on them, hitting them with toys, etc. The only thing that helps is keeping them separated. We have tried time outs, taking away tv time, no favorite snacks, etc, and they dont work.

Other than that he is a very strong-willed boy and will throw tantrums when he doesnt get his way. He has so much energy and it is hard to keep up with him normally, let alone being pregnant.

I am worried about how he will act when the baby gets here, jealousy etc. I dont have any good advice. I have been looking into toddler discipline books hoping they will help. Just want to let you know you are not alone!
me 28, dh 35
(DS1) born 1/13/09 - 7lbs 12 oz, 20.5 inches
(DS2) born 2/17/12 - 8lbz 1oz, 19.25 inches

ImageImage
QueenC
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Toddlers (One to Two Years)