Sleep help for an almost 15 month old

Solid foods. Babbling. Teething molars. Behavior changes. First words and sentences. Learning and growing fast.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Sleep help for an almost 15 month old

Postby stacey0513 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:30 am

So my ALMOST 15 month old has started sleeping REALLY bad lately. He started sleeping thru the night around 4 months but now he isn't. He is down to one nap (has been for a while, he would not sleep well if he took 2) and goes to bed about 7:30. When he gets put in his bed he will lay down but then he sits in his crib and talks and plays for sometimes an hour at nap and up to FOUR hours at night. He doesn't cry which is a good thing but he will talk VERY loud and bang on the wall or the sides of the crib or he will do his newest screatching sound that drives me up a WALL! he he Right now it is only really driving me crazy since he is up until like midnight so I don't get my quiet time in the evenings. Soon he will be moved in to the room with our 3.5 year old once baby #3 gets here (baby will be sleeping in our room for 2-3 months so we have 3-4 months to get this kid out of this stage). I am SOOO scared he will keep our oldest up or wake him up. He will also wake up randomly thru out the night and talk to himself and have a big old party. We have tried ignoring him, we have tried going in and laying him down and covering him up. I am just at a loss, I NEVER went thru this with my first. Oh yeah and it wouldn't be that big of a deal except for the fact that he is SOOOO cranky during the day because he is tired. HELP PLEASE!!!!!!

stacey0513
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Sleep help for an almost 15 month old

Postby LaraE » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:24 am

I know this is a really old post but my DD is 14 months old and I still play her relaxation/yoga music and rock her at nap/bedtime. She doesnt always fall asleep while im rocking her, but she does sometimes. I rock her a bit then when I know she's real close to being asleep, I lay her down. This is the way I have been putting her to sleep for many months now. I truly believe these babies need a transition from being awake/alert to being asleep and I like to give my DD help with that (rocking, playing relaxing music)
Lara (42) + Chris (30)
LaraE
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby coastieschick » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:41 pm

my son went through a similar phase only he screamed the whole time and then one day maybe around 20 months he stopped and started STTN again.
coastieschick
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby HappyGoLucky » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:34 am

My DD went through this a couple months ago at around 13 months when we took her bottle from her.
It was awful, back to the basics of milk, diaper change and bed again over and over through the night.
My mistake was keeping the night time bottle, I think she was getting up because she knew she'd get a bottle and in my bed for awhile.
who can blame her!
Not sure if this helps but wanted to contribute.
I've read that lots of babies go through this at around the age of our LOs, something to do w/ their own sleep pattern developments.

GL, I know it's hard!
HappyGoLucky
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Toddlers (One to Two Years)