Activities

Solid foods. Babbling. Teething molars. Behavior changes. First words and sentences. Learning and growing fast.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Activities

Postby sweetpnaigee » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:59 pm

I am 7 weeks pregnant with #2 and have a 17 month old boy. I'm so exhausted all the time its horrible!! What activities would you guys suggest to keep my lo stimulated and happy? I feel like he's bored all the time.
Peter&Giselle

ImageImage

sweetpnaigee
Addicted
Addicted

Postby kc12345 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:08 pm

I am 23 weeks with #2 and DD is 19 months, so I understand! I had HORRID m/s from week 6-13 and had to lay on the ground next to DD while she played so I had to become kinda creative to keep her busy. We started with playdough, stickers, crayons, another thing she loves is I fill up a few things of tupperware with a little bit of water and sit her on the kitchen floor with a towel under her and the dishes and give her some cooking utensils... she mixes and pours and has a great time. A few mins of attention :)
kc12345
Angel
Angel

Postby LondonRoseIreland » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:25 am

I have a 1 month old DD and 19 month old twin DDs. When I was pregnant this last time I hate to say it but I would put in Yogi Bear the movie and The Wizard of Oz to keep them busy when the weather was bad out or my morning sickness was too bad. I also took the twins to the local children's museum and let them run around wild. They were exhausted at the end of the day. We also did classes at the park district, went to the park, etc. If all else fails I would empty out my kitchen cabinets of pots, pans, spoons and tupperware giving them a little at a time and dumping it in the middle of the living room floor. Giving them this kind of stuff a little at a time makes them feel they're getting something new and keeps their attention longer. Then again they also have each other to play with (sometimes). They're complete opposites so sometimes they like to play alone I also strap them in their high chairs and let them color which they love to do. Or we'd turn off the lights and use laser pointers and flashlights. We make tents out of chairs and blankets. I let them have my hair brushes and headbands to make their hair "pretty" and they'd sit there for an hour doing so. I also will give the twins a baby diaper, 1 wipe each and a newborn outfit to use on their dolls. ... Trust me, I feel your pain!
LondonRoseIreland
Friend

Return to Toddlers (One to Two Years)