Toddler and his temper

Solid foods. Babbling. Teething molars. Behavior changes. First words and sentences. Learning and growing fast.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Toddler and his temper

Postby lreints2010 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:23 am

Does anyone else have a toddler with a temper? I sure do! And I'm at my wits end! He throws things, hits/kicks, screams at me in his baby jibberish. He's 14 mos. Is this just his age? How do I stop this? I honestly don't know where he gets this stuff from because we do not act this way in our house. I will scold him sometimes....and sometimes even swat him on the diaper. Is he taking those things and thinking that it's ok to act the way he is? When he does it, I honestly don't know what to do with him, but I'm afraid if I don't do something he will think he can keep getting his way. Help!
lreints2010
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby jen0807 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:44 am

I feel your pain. My lil one is not very easy going at times. She doesn't hit/kick me but she does pinch me HARD and tries to bite me sometimes. She thinks its funny but i wouldnt want her to do that to other babies or adults. I tickle her to distract her and/or tell her NO firmly. NO Biting, NO pinching and so on. I think at this age they simply forget and act on what feels good but we have to be persistent and keep on till they get it.

Weirdly enough the tickling works. Since being tickled can be uncomfortable and you are not hitting them...

hope this helps...and hope our lil ones learn to calm down... :)

Rebecca Grace born @34 weeks on 11.25.10: 5lbs 1oz, 18 inches, 10:49pm
jen0807
Angel
Angel

Postby lreints2010 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:21 pm

Thank you! I will try your suggestions out on Evan and see how it works. Something just has to give here....
lreints2010
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Liza24 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:19 pm

Connor has a temper too. When he does something he's not supossed to, he will scream, or throw whatever is in his hands. DRIVES ME NUTS!!!

Even if i try to stay calm and tell him NO firmly, he laughs. He's usually a great kid, but when he wants something if its ok or not no amount of NO! stops him.
Me:37
DH:48
Connor: 6
BFP #2!! 9/24/2015

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
Liza24
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Toddlers (One to Two Years)