Can she go to daycare?

Solid foods. Babbling. Teething molars. Behavior changes. First words and sentences. Learning and growing fast.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Can she go to daycare?

Postby monkeysauce » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:34 pm

My daughter began going to daycare two weeks ago. We knew she would start to get sick a lot... and now she has her first cold. It is really just a runny nose, but it drips faster than we can wipe and she rubs her face so it gets to her eyes, so now her eyes are snotty too.

The daycare's handbook says that you can't send kids with "purulent conjunctivitis". Is that what this is? Can she not go to daycare until it clears up?
Amelia Bel born 3/16/2011
monkeysauce
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Cayman4 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:47 pm

I would take her to the doctor to rule out any infection including pink eye. Then be sure your doctor gives you a note saying she can go back to daycare and when. I would keep her home tomorrow and see the doctor. The worst is dropping them off only to get called in an hour or two to pick them up. I'm sorry she's sick and hope she gets better soon. I've been there so many times.
Me: 34 DH: 37 DS: 3 DD: Born 8/31/12

Benjamin Thomas born on 12/4/09, 7 lbs. 13 oz., 20 in.

Alexa Michelle born on 8/31/12, 8 lbs. 1 oz., 20 1/2 in.

Cayman4

Return to Toddlers (One to Two Years)