Two Week Wait

Solid foods. Babbling. Teething molars. Behavior changes. First words and sentences. Learning and growing fast.
Post a reply

Biting

Fri May 11, 2012 7:44 pm

My son is 16 months old and usually very happy and joyful child. I picked him up from his dayhome yesterday and his caregiver told me that he bit 3 kids!!! SHe was shocked and didn't know why. He said she told him that bad and he looked at her, stuck out his lip and walked towards her for a hug which she gave him. (she is like his grandma lol). I am at a loss as to how to stop him from doing it again. He has never bit anyone when I am around and really he has been with these kids for 4 months and never done it before. I just don't want "THAT" kid. lol

Any ideas how to deal with a possible biter?

Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:19 am

Its really hard to deal with the biting when you're not there. I have twins and one of them was a bad biter. I started to notice she would do it when she was tired and needed a nap. Once I started to put her down for a nap sooner it curbed alot of it.

The ones that I couldn't stop I would put her in timeout for. That seemed to take care of it. She still does it sometimes when they are having an all out fight but I would say its a once a month occurance rather than 10times a day! Lol.

I would talk to the daycare and see if there were any similarities with the occurances? Or maybe talk to them about how you want to punish it in the future and make sure they folllow through. Its frustrating, I know, but hopefully you can figure out the "trigger" soon.

Re: Biting

Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:44 pm

My DS was a bitter. I remember how helpless I felt that my kid was doing this terrible thing and I had no control over making him stop. (He bit to blood sometimes and I worried too that he could get sick)
I ended up having to spank him, on the bottom, with a belt to get him to stop, he was only about 3 1/2.
(That's the only thing I ever had to spank him over when he was little, I hate spanking my kids but NOTHING else worked and he HAD to stop)

I've read that children who bite, would survive in survival of fittest mode, I mean they're fighter survivor type people, which is good.
Post a reply
IsoFresh
PregEase
Milkies Milksaver
PeaPodPrenatal
Milkies Milk Trays
DreamBelly Butter
Nursing Blend