Do you vaccinate right on schedule?

Solid foods. Babbling. Teething molars. Behavior changes. First words and sentences. Learning and growing fast.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Do you vaccinate?

Poll ended at Sat May 10, 2008 8:17 am

yes right on time!
71%
no not at all!
No votes
we are on an alternate schedule
29%

Total votes : 28

Do you vaccinate right on schedule?

Postby Tracy » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:17 am

And I know this topic has been brought up hundreds of times but I am trying to gather enough knowledge to make an informed decision so please be nice so this doesn't get locked I need the input before I go crazy! lol Thank you so much! If you have an alternate schedule would you mind sharing?
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Tracy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Felix&MaxMama » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:39 am

I do... I do ask questions and read about it but try not to obsess... so far so good with Felix, so I am keeping my fingers crossed...
ImageImage
VOTE NOW! http://www.expectnet.com/logingame.php?game_name=Maxim
[url=http://www.baby-gaga.com/]
Felix&MaxMama
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby booboo » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:42 am

yep, we vacc on time
booboo
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mandyt6 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:40 am

Yes, we have so far.
DD: 5
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
15 DPO Beta 158
17 DPO Beta 578
24 DPO Beta 9428
mandyt6
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby sugarlee » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:58 am

We did all the vac. on time up until she was a year old. They are suppose to get 5 shots at a year and I opted for her to have just the 3 new ones and the other two she will get a 18months. With our next child I will not be doing the Hepatitis shot in the hospital. They can get at their 2 month appt. Vaccines drive me crazy...but she is in Daycare..so she has to have them. I just pray that everything turns out ok and try not to think about the downside of it all.

ImageImage
sugarlee
Angel
Angel

Postby mama*ashleigh » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:11 am

Riley had all shots on time until 2 years, when he didn't get any.
Wyatt has had no vax, and won't for a while, if ever.

My gut just tells me there is something wrong with injecting a 2 month old baby with all the crap that is in vaccines. I wish I had listened to it with Riley. I want to take my time and do all my research before vaxing Wyatt or any future children.
You can always do the shots later, you can never take them back.
Ashleigh - 28
Peter- 32
Riley- 2/9/06
Wyatt- 11/12/07
Lucy- 9/25/09
Alice- EDD 5/12/12
mama*ashleigh
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ZiggyGirl » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:33 am

We do one shot a week when we do multiples, don't do combination vax and we're delaying MMR until she's 5, not doing chicken pox until she's 11, and then only if she hasn't had the pox yet. We're also not doing hep B until 11. It's an STD for pete's sake! (yeah, it's blood borne, only ways to catch it are the same as HIV) Not doing hep A either unless we travel somewhere with a high risk. Skipped rotavirus because the vaccine is too new for my comfort, can have some nasty side effects, and there's no way to really prove that it isn't contributing to the same dangerous side effect as the old one did that got pulled several years ago.

For anyone who wants to read more on the subject from a neutral point of view (which really isn't available online!) I highly recommend The Vaccine Book by Dr Robert Sears. He has done years of study into the safety of each vaccine and its individual components. He offers an alternative schedule for those interested in spacing shots, and it's well balanced as far as not saying "don't do any shots! they're evil!" or "blindly trust your pediatrician, they know everything!"
ZiggyGirl
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bluedisc » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:25 pm

Hi,
Due to auto-immune disease in the family, so far neither of my little ones has been vaccinated.
Now my son is five, and his immune system is more mature, I asked the doctor about getting a single vaccine tetanus shot for him, but he didn't seem to think there was any need to hurry...! I would also consider meningitis for him too, but will be passing on the others.
My son has had three colds in his whole life (first one just after we stopped breastfeeding at four years old).
My daughter, who's one, has had a runny nose and mild temperatures on two nights with a sort of pseudo-cold (coughed about ten times all the way through it) - and nothing else.
In the meantime most of the parents we know are constantly having problems with their little ones getting sick - although most of them have them in daycare/school while ours are at home (my son is homeschooled) - not exactly isolated from other children, but not in constant contact either.
It looks like there isn't a one-size-fits-all with vaccines - definitely there would be more disease about if everyone gave them up too - but I'm glad we have a choice here in Ireland - there are definitely some families (a minority of people) who increase certain risks with vaccination - and it's often unpredictable, even for medical experts, to know who they are beforehand.
Brionne
bluedisc
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ahenderson05 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:32 pm

We vax right on time! We are military so they are really strict about when to get vaccines down, but we can delay them so they are getting so many at once!
Amanda (33) DH (34) H(13) M(9) K(5) C (2) G (1)

ahenderson05
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby blue-eden » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:29 pm

We've asked for them to be staggered. The first round we did all at once, against my better judgement, at two months old, mainly because I was completely unprepared for how many they do here at once in the US!!!

So I armed myself better for the next round, and we staggered.

At one year, we did none. I'm not having the chicken pox one done until around age 10, if she hasn't caught it naturally.

And MMR, I'll have that one done when I feel her body is large and mature enough to deal with that kind of heavy shot. It's the "big one" and I don't feel her tiny body is ready for it, not at all!
Certified Lactation Educator and Breastfeeding Counselor
Mum to M, nursling 3-7-07 - 11-7-08 :hb: and Leo 4-13-09
blue-eden
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby lunabelle » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:58 pm

I never allow Lucas to have more than 2 vax's at a time. :)
lunabelle
Angel
Angel

Postby Cally » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:23 am

Orlaith has had the 5 in 1 and meningitis at 2 and 4 mths she is due the next set this week. I am going to hold of on the MMR until she is 4 or 5 that one scares me. She also hasnt had the BCG yet I cant bring myself to do it because it is so barbaric. dd1 and ds had big sores on theyr arms for at least a year after they got theirs, I dread it :(
Me-34
DS-Fionn 13
DD1-Saoirse 11
DD2- Órlaith 5

ImageImage
Cally
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Toddlers (One to Two Years)