How often do you bathe your toddler?!?

Solid foods. Babbling. Teething molars. Behavior changes. First words and sentences. Learning and growing fast.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

How often do you wash their funk off??

every day
46%
every other day
28%
a few times a week
26%

Total votes : 82

Postby mamalynn » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:33 pm

everyday usually, especially when he self feeds. he likes to play in the bath as well.
michelle 41, dh 44,
pj 5 diagnosed with down syndrome & av canal defect of the heart (repaired 2007)
PhotoEffects-635011925132850000 by milybr, on Flickr
Repeat losses & MTHFR
mamalynn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby lulu26 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:05 pm

Definitely every day and the whole shebang! On the rare days that I didn't have time to bathe him, he gets a quick bath from his waste down and a thorough butt washing :)
lulu26
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby angelmomma » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:30 pm

Everyday here. After dinner to get all the food out of her hair! But then we have to spray her hair down and fix it in the morning or she looks like Don King.
angelmomma
Angel
Angel

Postby jessie81 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:48 am

Every 2 days. We used to bathe her every day and then switched to every other day d/t her eczema, but now it's every 2 days because her skin was getting so bad.

jessie81
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby andrysgirl » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:33 am

We do every other day, but two days in a row happens often, especially if he eats something on his own... it's bound to get EVERYWHERE, and I do mean EVERYWHERE! Once in a while he'll get two baths, cause if he gets super dirty at my mom's she'll give him a quick bath and then I might give him another one that night.

I used to do every night, but with the belly and my DH's work schedule, I can't take slippery, strong Darius in the tub but so many times.

We wash his hair on Sundays for sure, otherwise we skip once, so if today he gets his hair washed, he won't for next bathtime, unless it's Sunday. Around here it can get cold, and when I go out in the cold with wet head I get a massive headache so I assume he would too... :)

I was wondering about this too, good topic! I thought I'd be the only one that didn't do a bath every day.

Oh and he LOVES bathtime as well. Lucky me...
Darius Steven was born 6/3/2007! 7lbs 2oz, 21 inches

DS #2 is here! Arikson Manuel born 5/28/2009, 7 lbs 10.9 oz, 21 inches!
andrysgirl
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby emoprincesa » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:45 am

Sara627 wrote:
mousepoet wrote:We have to do it less often because the more we bathe her, the worse her eczema is.

Us too. If I bathe her everyday she looks like a little lobster. I also put eczema lotion on her after every bath and she still has dry spots. She is like her mama! In the summer it is everyday because we play outside and she gets hot but the weather doesnt affect her skin as much either. But during the winter its every few days.

This is us too
Amber (27) Mommy to Brayden ( 07.07.07 ) and Ava ( 09.09.08 )
emoprincesa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mousepoet » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:46 am

Yeah, Makayla loves the bath, too. I really wish we could bathe her more. Her fem-mullet is also getting really long and she manages to get stuff in the back of it all the time. It looks greasy most days. I wash it with a washcloth at night, but it's getting too long for that to work. She needs it washed for it to really look clean. Like Sara said, though, even though I slather her in Aquaphor after a bath she still gets dry, red, patchy spots. In the summer I can bathe her more because her eczema is worse in the winter when the air is so dry. She also swims in her kiddie pool almost every day in the summer!
M born May 2007
2nd girl expected late May 2011
mousepoet
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby **Tasha** » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:52 am

very intersesting.

:lol:

we were doing every other day, but recently started every day. (Elizabeth is still every other day)

Oh, and I recently started not washing his hair very often, (unless he gets food in it) and it is looking MUCH better. nice and non frizzy. :rofl:
ImageImage
Mommy to:
Kaiden: 06/22/07
Elizabeth: 08/19/2008

**Tasha**
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Babydreamer1326 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:39 am

**Tasha** wrote:very intersesting.

:lol:

we were doing every other day, but recently started every day. (Elizabeth is still every other day)

Oh, and I recently started not washing his hair very often, (unless he gets food in it) and it is looking MUCH better. nice and non frizzy. :rofl:

how do you "do" his hair on the days you don't bathe/wash his hair? I know for us, if I didn't do the kids hair with product everyday they would have really frizzy hair
Deztyni Dezyrae, 7/13/06
Caydyn Tayeshaun, 9/26/07
Layla Tymprynce, 3/20/09

Babydreamer1326
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby nunupup » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:53 am

DH does it every night (yeah, that's right! DH does it :wink: ). DD likes her bath time and I like sitting on the couch for 15 minutes without anyone touching me.
nunupup

Postby **Tasha** » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:13 am

We bought this Olive Oil stuff.. (cant remember the name, and too lazy to go look) and we brush that through his hair after its gets washed. and then we have this touch up type spray that gets brushed through it every few days.

it gets kinda frizzy after naps and such, but I just run my fingers through it and it kinda redistributes the oil :dunno:
ImageImage
Mommy to:
Kaiden: 06/22/07
Elizabeth: 08/19/2008

**Tasha**
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby sweetpea3 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:23 am

we have a little spray bottle and I spritz a bit of water from it onto the kids' hair. just enough to tame the nap and get the curls back. we were using spray on leave-in detangler conditioner but it would weigh it down too much. when my dh was growing up he only got his hair washed once a week so that's sortof what we're doing b/c the kids have HIS hair, lol.
sweetpea3
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby jessicalynn » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:04 pm

All of my kids get a bath everynight. It's part of their bedtime routine. :) They probably would not go to bed if they didn't have a bath first. The girls get their hair washed every night too. Cooper gets washed every other day, the days he doesn't get washed he just sits in his tub with water, we call it his fake bath :lol:
Londyn- 5
Brynna- 4
Cooper- 2
Finley- Baby
jessicalynn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kpete » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:30 am

we do every other day in the winter (unless he gets really dirty like yesterday coming home from daycare with green hair :lol: ) & every day during the summer because of playing outside & getting hot & sticky.

kpete
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Kelly13 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:36 am

When DH isn't here, it's every day or every other day. When DH is here, it's about 3 times a week. I forget to do things when DH is here :oops:

But, he does get his butt and boy bits sprayed off 7 or 8 times a day, so I think he's good ;)

He used to love bath time until a few weeks ago, when I put him on the potty and it traumatized him :oops: He wouldn't even take a shower with me yesterday! So it's definitely going to be a few times a week until he gets used to it again.
Kelly13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to Toddlers (One to Two Years)