3 yr old refuses to go to bed...help!

Discipline. Learning new things. Making friends. Imaginary friends. Food aversions. Counting and learning to write.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

3 yr old refuses to go to bed...help!

Postby mrsh03 » Wed May 09, 2012 9:55 pm

Any books you can recommend? We have tried every strategy I could think of, taking things away, the Super Nanny bring her back to bed each time way, lol, the stay in the room and slowly move out way, the close the door and hold it way. Ugh. Nothing works. She just wants to see how far she can push us and how much she can get away with and she's getting away w/ a lot. I need to read up on some new techniques bc what we are doing is not working. HELP!
Me- 35**DH- 32**DD-3
TTC #2 Since April 2011
Sept M/C
Dec M/C
Jan BFP EDD 10/4/12
1st Beta= 193 @ 13DPO
2nd Beta= 425 @ 15DPO
6 weeks :hb: 124
10 weeks :hb: 180
14 weeks :hb: 156
It's a boy!!!
mrsh03
Star Member
Star Member

Postby glassstar1122 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:51 pm

Not a lot of action on this board :( . I myself have been dealing with the same thing for a while now, and since I'm expecting me second, I can't live with the ideas of DS still sleeping with us when I'm huge and uncomfortable. So I'm nipping it it the bud right now. Lately he's been doing really well with sleeping in his room and falling asleep fast. I started getting him ready for bed at 11, yes he does like to stay up late, and forget getting him up in the morning, then by 1130 we get into his bed and cuddle for a little bit. I stopped letting him watch TV by himself, because he would just get up and play. After a few days he started falling asleep faster. Now almost two weeks later I've been preparing him for bed at 1030 and getting him to bed by 11. He's out within 5 minutes. He still gets up a few hours later and falls asleep on the couch while my husband is still up (he works late, which doesn't help), and I'm trying to get my Dh to tuck him back in his bed. He still ends up in out bed around 5-6 am but that's better then all night.

I'm slowly working him down to 8-9pm and hoping that by then he'll be more used to sleeping in his own room, and eventually be able to fall asleep on his own. I'm just being persistent. I let him know ahead of time that bedtime is coming up, and every night he gives his daddy a hug and kiss goodnight, and we walk off to his room. I hope this helps a little bit. I know every kid is different, so just keep trying different things until you find one that works for you. Good luck.
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker

Me- Jaime 31
DH- Jerry 37
DS- Ross 5
Expecting baby #2
It's a GIRL!!!
7-19 :hb: 172
glassstar1122
Star Member
Star Member

Return to Preschoolers (Three to Four Years)