Our pink nursery--Update! 95% done and I love it!

Share ideas, plans and photos of your nursery here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Our pink nursery--Update! 95% done and I love it!

Postby pumpkin » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:14 am

Updated photos further down!!!

Before our big U/S I had DH convinced that we would not do traditional pink if we found out it was a little girl. Growing up in pink rooms, I thought it would be nice to do something a bit different. However, once we found out we are having a girl, DH instantly flipped to mega pink man. At first, I thought to fight it but the joy he has been having in it really is touching--and I figure this is something HE can do nice for her and it makes great memories. I know I have posted the bedding before, but I am going to just have a running thread of it all together...

We chose this bedding from gap baby while it was on a really awesome sale:

We were very fortunate to have FIL insist that he find the left over pieces of his childhood furniture. He had an Ethan Allen set years and years ago that was divided between DH and BIL and then scattered between divorces in the family. DH already had one old rocker that we love (and I purchased extra sheets from my bedding set so I can make a slip cover for it as it seriously needs some updating). A few months ago DH went and got his childhood desk (once his father's) and a tall dresser with dresser hutch (again once his father's) from MIL house. Then, this past weekend, FIL called us up to say there were two more pieces ready to go home with us--both have identical cabinets, one with a bookshelf hutch. DH painted the room and I hit the craft stores for some decor ideas. This is what we have so far!

The room from the door (this room is SO hard to photograph completely):

The room from the other angle:

The shelf up close to see the baskets--as the next weeks go by we are going to clean up the bookshelf and fill the baskets with diapers and changing tools as it will be her changing station next to the desk/changing table:

A hat box I purchased recently to hang on the wall for decor and any small item storage:

Close up of floral project number 1. I found a premade "hand tied" boquet, found some swelling beads, and assembled both into a clear vase:

Two floral arrangements I made. The tiny one is a little bucket I just added the flowers to (set in an oasis). The bigger one is actually a wall hanging (the metal back is obscured now) that was dinged, but matched...so I spray painted it white, added an oasis, and added the flowers. It will go on the wall once we start hanging up stuff:

Out "to do" list:

1) Finish her name letters. They are ceramic and came with beads that did not match. I have painted them a base white and have started to rebead them with pink and white beads. Once they are done, they will go over her crib.

2) Finish the slipcovers for the rocker, replace the fringe (will be done in velcro so that we can easily swap out the decor for the next baby or next room it will go in). Assemble the nursing stool. While I am sewing, consider making a valance for the window with any extra fabric.

3) Get a mattress, wash bedding, set up (saving this for much later so the bedding does not get dusty this early).

4) Make a few more floral arrangments for tops of hutches???

5) Hang up the wall hangings: the hat box, the flower box I assembled, and the little foot/hand print sets (obviously to be finished later). Also, find some cute photos of us and a frame for a photo of all of us.

6) Do the simple stenciling in the corners by the ceiling. I went to the paint store where we got our paint and got samples of all the colors on the card so they match and I can use it for stenciling and crafts.

7) Find a rug!

8) Fix up the closet as right now it is just one bar and shelf (we want to add some mini shelving). Tidy room, assemble other stuff, etc.

Not bad. I wanted the room to be to this point by now so I can continue to balance pregnancy, school, and finals all slowly before she arrives![/b]
Last edited by pumpkin on Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
pumpkin
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Lindsey » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:00 am

It looks wonderful so far!! :D
Lindsey

Postby hokiewife » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:48 am

Oh my gosh - that is the most beautiful, girlie room! I LOVE IT!!! I'm another one that doesn't want to do "pink", but your room just might change my mind :) I especially love the toile bedding - so classy!
Rachel - happily married since 5/20/00
DS #1 - David- 12/5/04
DS #2 due 8/15/07 - scheduled C-section 8/7/07
Giving glory to GOD for all my blessings!
hokiewife
Angel
Angel

Postby dreamcometrue » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:23 pm

Wow - it looks great - very elegant, yet still great for a baby!
dreamcometrue
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby marisakay1 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:26 pm

very cute!!!! so funny, originally I wanted lavendar w sage green accents and it is DH that wants the pink!!! so now it is going to be a pink and purple room.......cannot wait to start :) but yours looks TOO CUTE!!! congrats

5ft10 inches
Made my mini goal!!! YAY!
WW lifetimer and employee

Aidan Hunter 9
Cameron Gage 5
Alayna Loren (8lbs10oz)
4 months 18 pounds 8 oz
6 months 22.4 pounds 28 inches
9 months 22.12 31 inches
marisakay1
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby pumpkin » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:17 pm

Thanks for the replies! Everyone here is so sweet! This past weekend, I had a chance to try my hand at stenciling. The photos actually make them look *much* better than I did (I will admit there are some serious boo boos and splotches--but hey first time and our walls are textured). I got paint samples on the same color card as our wall color to make sure they matched.

and the effect from far away:

ImageImage
pumpkin
Addicted
Addicted

Postby pumpkin » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:11 am

Updated photos!

The nursery looks like it is about 95% done! We still have to assemble the closet, make the slip cover on the chair, make the curtain, and find a rug (though the rug is just whenever we find a rug).

The view from the door

The letter up close. I bought these from Michaels, clipped off the multi-color beads, spray painted the ceramic white, rebeaded the letters with beads I liked, and then slapped on a ribbon and hung!

Close up of the quilt. I finally found the pottery barn clips I loved for half price on eBay. All they needed was to be repainted.
Image[img]

View from chair at dresser

View from crib

Flower arrangement I made hung!

Corner

Changing station

Even the diaper genie is covered!

And the view from the hall
ImageImage
pumpkin
Addicted
Addicted

Postby laurab007 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:36 am

It turned out really cute! Your little girl is going to love her room. BTW - I have the same exact quilt hangers that I got on ebay!
Laura - 43 and still fabulous!
:angel: 1/19/10 M/C 8w5d d&c (triploidy)
No longer TTC

ImageImage

laurab007
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby LaurensMom » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:10 pm

I really love it!!!!!! What a fabulous job!!!:)
Mary 32 DH 34
Hypothyroid, PCOS and MFI
#1-Lauren- 05-01-07
#2-James - 02-21-09
#3 Joey- 07-09-12
Due with #4 (EDD 01-20-15)
:angel: 9w 1d (02-21-10) d&c
:angel: 4w 6d (07-24-10)
:angel: D&C (05-25-11) confirmed molar
pregnancy
09-11- Chemical pregnancy
LaurensMom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BelleBailey » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:47 pm

This is a GREAT nursery! It is beautiful and classic. I LOVE the hardwood floors and the dresser & hutch. Even more so, I LOVE the fact that you're using sentimental, heirloom furniture. That is so sweet.
BelleBailey

Postby BelleBailey » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:49 pm

Also, I love the name Sylvia.
BelleBailey

Postby preemiemummy » Wed May 09, 2007 3:42 pm

what a pretty room, the flower arrangements are beautiful! :D
Mels
mum to Cailtin 9, Mikayla 8, Megan 6, Tahlia 5
Daniel Jan 08 Taupo NZ
ImageImage
preemiemummy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Kylie » Wed May 09, 2007 3:54 pm

Very pretty and girly. I'm so jealous. don't get me wrong, I love my little boys room but it would be so nice to be able to do the room up all pretty and girly.
Me 38
DP Dan 47
DSD Vivienne 20
DSS Ethan 18
DSS Jesse 16
DS Harrison Lucas 8 DOB August 14th 2007
http://www.kyliedewaard.com
Kylie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby delta » Wed May 09, 2007 4:47 pm

Oh wow that is gorgeous!!! Beautiful!!