Growing up ... Need advise

Share ideas, plans and photos of your nursery here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Growing up ... Need advise

Postby HawaiiMommy » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:21 am

Okay so when I was PG I had a hard time creating the perfect pink room because I wanted DD to kind of choose her first real bedding but now she is only 18 months and I am ready for a change. The baby animal theme, while still very cute, doesn't seem to fit her personality anymore.

First off since most of you checking this are in the teeny infant stage I'll show you what her room looked like at first.

Now for how it looks now. 18 months later...

Okay here is where I need your advise, I want to change the design beginning with her bed skirt. DH was absolutely no help.
Choice A:

Choice B:

Choice C:

Choice B is DD's choice today, but that's because she has been really into Cinderella lately. It's one of her few words "Bababella" but so is Flower "oooer", The problem is the obnoxious blue carpet that MIL choose when DH first moved into this house. It doesn't really go with the purple fabric. What do you guys think? Should I keep looking? There aren't too many fabric stores around here. I miss the 6 choices I had on the mainland.
HawaiiMommy
Star Member
Star Member

Postby lksmomma » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:49 pm

I just saw that noone ever answered you!!! Don't know what you've decided to do since, but I really like the third choice...you don't notice the carpet with that one..you DO with the others....

what have you changed so far??
Alicia (33) John Paul (35) Laura Kate (3)
6w4dImage150 bleeding
7wk 4dImage174 lost twin
12wk Image174

lksmomma
Angel
Angel

thaqnks

Postby HawaiiMommy » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:26 pm

Thanks, So far all I've gotten done is taking down her wall stickers and changing the baby stuffed animals on a shelf for some dolls. They are out of reach. Money went poof as soon as I decided to change it and now we are going to TTC so I don't really know what to do. Her room is so bland right now it is making me more crazy than the baby stuff. I've been doing some bookwork for a neighbor's business so next time I get do that in a couple weeks I'll have enough to finally start the makeover. I can't wait.
HawaiiMommy
Star Member
Star Member

My vote lol

Postby littletsunshine » Fri May 29, 2009 11:08 pm

I like A and C but I kinda like A better. Something about the disorganization of the pattern :) Have fun!
littletsunshine

forgot

Postby HawaiiMommy » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:08 am

Here is her big girl room! I had to fight with my sewing machine because I had some defective thread but otherwise it was a lot of fun making the changes.

I suppose I should add some new cuteness too. She's not quite ready for the toddler bed yet, mostly because mommy doesn't want to mess with a good sleeper who hasn't figured out how to climb out yet. Because her crib changes so easily we take the side off during the day so that she can read and such in her bed. This was right before lunch. I was cooking and I went to go get her from her room thinking I would find her reading, but instead she had found one of the nuks she had hidden and was getting dagerously close to putting herself down for nap, but then she heard the word lunch and she was up and ready to eat.
Image[url][/url]
HawaiiMommy
Star Member
Star Member

Postby PixieB » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:41 am

I like your choice on the fabric, it suits neatly with the coloured toy organiser next to the bed. They look like good bright playful toddler colours that will happily last her a few years. Maybe somewhere down the track you can muck around with the curtains, even if it's as simple as putting a line of bright pink ribbon slightly above the hem of the green curtain.
Good luck with TTC again and with the money situation.
Talia Grace: born Friday 13th of July, 2007, at 27w4d gestation, 700g/1.5lbs. Nursed for 4 years
and Violet Joy: born Thursday 19th, VBAC waterbirth, 39w2d, 3.35kg/7lbs 6oz, still a booby monster, just shared it with her big sister for 18 months.
http://pics.livejournal.com/littlebutto ... y/0000scpq
PixieB
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Nursery Themes & Photos