Nature nursery for either?

Share ideas, plans and photos of your nursery here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Nature nursery for either?

Postby coastieschick » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:36 am

I originally wanted a peter rabbit nursery, then I started getting all these other ideas and decided to put them together.

The room shown is my "inspiration" room. I want to keep my nursery the same color pallate simply b/c it matches the rest of our house (very neutral, tans, and browns, and what not)

Then the squares are all fabrics for different things, that I like. I want to stick with a peter rabbit base so the peter rabbit toile pattern will be the inside of the bumper, the crib skirt, there will be some on chair pillow and nursing blanket and such...

Then I want to add deer accents to pull together the nature theme, with a really cute mobile and lamp from BH&G. I got the idea from Pottery Barns Peter Rabbit nursery, there was a woodland border and rug, of course both are sold out now that I am preggers and not just looking for fun anymore, but we'll manage.

and I love turtles so I want a few turtle things, I think they will mainly be in the attached bathroom, but there is this adorable piggy bank shaped like a turtle that I will probably order tomorrow to start putting our diaper fund into.

so I'm gonna try to attach a link, let me know what ya'll think! HONESTLY!!! A friend is gonna custom make the nursery for me so HONESTLY, what do you think? Does it work for boy or girl? We're hoping boy but if it ends up being a girl I will probably go back and add ruffles to some of the items in the nursery, bedding and what not...

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/document-pr ... EwNi00ZDBi
coastieschick
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby coastieschick » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:24 pm

anyone?
coastieschick
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby trippy » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:44 am

Super cute! I love it!!!!
Jennifer (40), DH (37)
DS Grant

BFP 10/19/11
Beta 10dpo 19
Beta 12dpo 45
Beta 16dpo 222

ImageImage

trippy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby coastieschick » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:18 am

Thanks, my friend is orderisn the peter rabbit toile today I am super excited! I decided if its a girl we'll do white furniture and maybe add some ruffles, if its a boy I'll do the dark furniture (I like that better)...

Glad to have someone's opinion!
coastieschick
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Christina-BFPinMT » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:32 pm

Oh I absolutely LOVE it. I wanted the peter rabbit set from PBK but decided to go another route!!

I cannot wait to see more pictures as you do it!!
Christina
ImageImage
ImageImage
Christina-BFPinMT
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby coastieschick » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:48 pm

I loved the room they did but I was afraid of it being too matchy matchy, so I used the rug as my inspiration and of course now they are sold out and IDK if they are going to continue it :x Glad ya'll are liking it!!!
coastieschick
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bluenoser76plus1 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:40 am

8) Hi I LOVE This idea! I really like not so ordinary ideas! this is more quirky and classic! Great!!
a healthy one after 3 bad ones in a row & 4 mc in total
dx with endometriosis in 10/99--Had 3 hormone tmts & 3 surgeries

Currently on Modified Bed Rest due to PTL which started Monday July 26/10

bluenoser76plus1
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby coastieschick » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:04 am

quirky, I love it! lol, thanks ya'll!!! I am so excited to start getting the bedroom cleared out and turn it in to a nursery!!!! I will have to post pics once I get started, and of progress and everything...
coastieschick
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bluenoser76plus1 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:14 pm

So coast I see you are the same as me or so--6 weeks and a few days. When will you guys start your nursery? We were thinking of starting around May or June for the nursery as we have to get a storage unit most likely for some of the stuff and that way we can avoid some storage fees. We'll see. I was just curiuos on someone else's time frame you know?

bluenoser76plus1
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby coastieschick » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:39 pm

I am sure I will break down much sooner than that, I'll prob start putting it together as soon as we know what we're having so hopefully I can wait till atleast April. I actually already have a friend starting on the bedding but since I want white furniture for a girl and dark for a boy unless I find a great deal I think I will be able to wait.

We're going to have to get a storage unit too but we have a frind with a storage facility so that should help a bit...

I can't wait to start seeing what everyone does with their rooms...
coastieschick
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bluenoser76plus1 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:02 pm

ha yes! The current room I'm in with the computer will be Pip's room (our nickname for now). Chances are as it's currently sienna red & cornflower blue --we're going to paint out everything that isn't sienna red & paint the rest a creamy color of some sort. To lighten it up and to update it! :P

I've also considered doing that bead board around the bottom of the siena red part and the creamy part--and molding on the ceiling as we have molding in most of the other areas of the house too so it would help tie it in.

It's a small room 7x9 and we'll probably stick with a darker wood as that's what we have in the rest of the house. But we'll see--with the molding--white would work too and then white would work if we moved while Pip is still crib size. Which is a possibility as we've spoken of it a few times.

I have a friend who for bribes lol likes to do barter (I sell Mary Kay) so she likes to trade her order for ideas for the house--and at times I let her. So I'll see if she wants her spring order for "free" again--plus that's a neat way to tell her. :wink:

bluenoser76plus1
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby coastieschick » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:01 pm

How awesome would that be!? lol, I bet she'd be thrilled! We rent so we can't doo to much but I have been looking into wall decals and removable stuff, I have a whole favorites folder just for nursery stuff...
coastieschick
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby photofashionista » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:57 am

What a great color pallet and theme idea! Super cute and classic.
Christina-32 4 miscarriages elevated FSH
Katelyn Michelle born after 4 long years of TTC 9.27.10, 8 lbs 12 oz., 20.5 "
Everett Steven 6.20.12, 8 lbs 15 oz, 21"
Cole Thomas July 17, 2014 8lbs 12 oz 21"
Nov. 2015 :angel:
https://www.facebook.com/christinaskinnerphotography
photofashionista
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby coastieschick » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:34 pm

Thank you I am super excited to start putting the room together, we just rented a storage unit so we could start clearing the nursery to be out, not long now and I will be decorating away, lol
coastieschick
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby coastieschick » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:15 pm

UPDATE!

We got our furniture. We found this awesome deal so we went ahead and bought the mahogony colored furniture. Its more what I wanted, I wasn't a super big fan of my white furniture if its a girl idea, lol.

I find out April 9th what we're having. I still have my friend working on the bedding and once we get that in the room and know for sure what it is I will start adding the decor...

the crib isn't crooked, but I tried to make it a panoramic picture of the whole nursery :?
coastieschick
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Next

Return to Nursery Themes & Photos