how early is too early?

Share ideas, plans and photos of your nursery here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

how early is too early?

Postby maggie » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:46 pm

my dh and i have been remodeling our house since last year, we're just about done with major parts of the house, however our next goal is to get started on the office (soon to be nursery) and i was wondering when did you all start getting things ready for the nursery, i'm almost out of my 1st trimester, and i don't want to start too early, but i'm also eager to begin this new chapter.
any suggestions or advice are appreciated!
thanks
Olivia - 11.13.2007 @ 12:55 AM- 5lbs 12oz & 18in.
Dominic - 01.21.2010 @ 6:45 PM - 5lbs 10oz & 18.5in
ImageImage
maggie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Gabbysmama » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:29 am

Well, we moved into our house almost a full year before I got pregnant. We knew which room we'd use as the baby's room, so we painted it sage green (would work for either sex) and then put minimal furniture in it - just our extra bed and book case.

I was about 24 weeks pg when we got our nursery furniture, and we finished the whole room about a month ago.

I wouldn't do anything too early; not 'cause I'm superstitious, but if you're overdue (like me) the last few weeks can drag, and it's nice to have the distraction of the nursery decorating to amuse you!
***Patti***
Gabrielle Victoria - 4.30.2007
Katherine Elizabeth - 11.17.10
Gabbysmama
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Nursery Themes & Photos