Pretty Hanger

Share ideas, plans and photos of your nursery here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Pretty Hanger

Postby pumpkin » Sun May 06, 2007 2:54 pm

My in-laws gave us several lovely outfits a few weeks ago. Two of the outfits came on really posh little hangers. Each hanger is a tiny version of those stuffed satin ones with a tiny pink bow. They match the decor of our little one's room perfectly. I want to hang one on the wall with something as they really go so well. So far, the only idea I have is to pick one of her itty bitty outfits that matches the room and hang it on the wall, but I am open to other ideas (esp because I do not want any visiting parent in laws to think I did not use said outfit nor do I want to wait until she outgrows an outfit to be able to hang it).

Any other ideas of cute things to hang on the wall with a stylish hanger?

ETA: This is our nursery (if it helps for ideas)
http://preg.twoweekwait.com/community/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=11114
ImageImage
pumpkin
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Kylie » Sun May 06, 2007 6:40 pm

Tried to look at your nursery but it gives an error message when you click on the link and relog in. Don't know what's gonig on.
Other than an outfit, you could hang a nice poem or picture from the hanger somehow......or attatch a mini quilt with your baby's name/birthdate etc embroidered on it after the birth........
Me 38
DP Dan 47
DSD Vivienne 20
DSS Ethan 18
DSS Jesse 16
DS Harrison Lucas 8 DOB August 14th 2007
http://www.kyliedewaard.com
Kylie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Kendra plus 2 » Sun May 06, 2007 7:25 pm

My SIL hung one of her own baby dresses in my nieces room. That way Ashley has a piece of her mommy's 'history'. Something else to suggest, is to wait and use it to display her coming home outfit.
Kendra plus 2
Addicted
Addicted

Postby pumpkin » Sun May 06, 2007 8:54 pm

Kylie--hanging the baby's name/birthdate is a good idea. Maybe I could hang a framed annoucement by a matching ribbon from the hanger.

Kendra--I was considering the coming home outfit too for one of the hangers. The only thing is that it is such a nice outfit, I want to get some wear out of it first. We live so close to the hospital (5 minutes) that she might not get to wear it too long. The cool thing is that the outfit we did pick happened to come on one of those hangers....very tempting!

Great ideas! Keep em coming (I am enjoying reading them). I am really looking forward to figuring this out because the hangers go so well with the colors and the theme of the room. The room is very uber girly and I even put up a hatbox on the wall. The hangers just go with it very well.
ImageImage
pumpkin
Addicted
Addicted

Postby booboo » Sun May 06, 2007 11:03 pm

I would just find a cute frilly dress and use the hanger to display it on the wall. Realistically, you probably wont put the baby in frilly dresses very often, but if you do want to use it, then you can just have baby wear the dress, then display it again after cleaning.
booboo
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby dolly » Mon May 07, 2007 11:52 am

if you look at my pix of olivia's room , by the changing table I kinda had the same idea...i just put wooden hangers there now but i also plan on hanging cute dresses or something :)
dolly
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Nursery Themes & Photos