need ideas for mixed gender bedroom

Share ideas, plans and photos of your nursery here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

need ideas for mixed gender bedroom

Postby Toribear5 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:00 pm

Due to the housing crisis, we will be stuck in our townhome for a good while :( We'd lose 30k MINIMUM on a sale so DS and future DD will be sharing a room. How the heck do you decorate a room for one of each gender?

We were "Team Green" with DS so this was his nursery (took the bumpers off and removed the stuffed animals before we brought him home): Image

I need to nest and want to change things up a bit. I will repaint the walls a neutral color for resale value. I don't feel like spending much cash on a bedding set b/c it's really a waste. You don't use the bumper or the quilt and the crib skirt is only good while they are a LO b/c you lower it. We are getting a toddler bed for DS and will keep the crib for DD.

Anyone ever seen a mixed gender bedroom that can help? Thanks!
Tori: 31 DH:29
BFing, BWing, XRFing, baby food making, sign language teaching loving Mama!
Brett Thomas born March 17, 2009
Clara Rose born May 6, 2011

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
Toribear5
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bethann » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:35 pm

I think there is probably alot you could do! I have boy/girl twins and their nursery is in green and brown with the "bunny meadow" from BRU. Dr Seuss would be neat....if I would have seen it before I registered I probably would have done it. And you can just buy pieces that you like and use primary colors. That is something that would intrigue your older child and your new baby. Try googling boy/girl twin nursery and you can probably get some ideas! Post pics when you get it done!
Me: 28, DH: 31
2 furbabies Vegas and Titan
IVF #2 a success! Twins! Born 8-9-10
Surprise BFP the natural way! Baby Ava due in December 2011!
bethann
Angel
Angel

Return to Nursery Themes & Photos