Ideas for window treatments in the nursery?

Share ideas, plans and photos of your nursery here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Ideas for window treatments in the nursery?

Postby babytucker » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:22 am

I am decorating the nursery right now and I am completely lost regarding the window treatments... I have one big double window in the room... I want something that will make the room dark enough for the naps (the sun hits that room directly during the afternoon) but I also want something that will "breath"... that if I open the windows, the fresh air will come it. And I want something safe... and nice looking...
Aaaaaaaarg ... any ideas? :roll: :roll:

babytucker
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mandyt6 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:04 am

I think I am going to do fabric shades in the nursery - I have the same problem with the sun in that room. I've seen some really cute fabric shades - you can get solid colors, or prints on them. I can give you some websites if you'd like to look at some. Good luck!

Mandy

mandyt6
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babytucker » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:06 pm

I would love to see your links... since I have no idea where to start!

babytucker
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Kendra plus 2 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:28 am

I got the old fashioned cut-to-width roller shades for my windows. I didn't want regular blinds with cords on them and the custom ones were *way* to expensive. So I found these really cute ones at JCPenney's and they're perfect. I just pull them down when I want the room dark, and leave them rolled up when not.
Kendra plus 2
Addicted
Addicted

Postby mandyt6 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:27 am

I'm not sure where you live, but JcPenney and Sears have them, you can look online, and also www.countrycurtains.com. Just look under blinds and shades and you'll see all different kinds. Same kind of thing PP has - roller shades with no strings, and even the Roman shades are the same type of thing. If these don't work out for you, what about wooden blinds or shutters? Good luck!!

Mandy
mandyt6
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Nursery Themes & Photos