Just for fun ....

Share ideas, plans and photos of your nursery here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Just for fun ....

Postby Kendra plus 2 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:15 am

now that some of our babies are here, I thought it would be amusing to see 'after' photos. Everyone's rooms are so gorgeous before the baby arrives, let's see what they look like after the baby moves in and makes it their own. What things did you put in your rooms that you've taken out, or what have you added. Anything you've found to be really useful? What about things you never use?

And because I'm a dork, I'm going to post this before I even take my own pictures LOL. My 2 are sleeping, so after nap I'll get right on it!
Kendra plus 2
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Christina-BFPinMT » Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:40 am

i think this is a great idea!! can't wait for your guys' pictures!!
Christina
ImageImage
ImageImage
Christina-BFPinMT
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby hopingin2007 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:05 am

Kendra, may be you will have to post the first photo 8)

I think it's a great idea!
ImageImage
hopingin2007
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby happy-lady » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:17 pm

Aaah, no takers!!! I was hoping to see pics as well. Great idea kendra.
happy-lady
Angel
Angel

Postby mom028 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:49 pm

I think it's a good idea to anyone? :dunno:
mom028

Postby Kendra plus 2 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:15 pm

I'll go!

Now: We have 2 mesh laundry baskets we keep beside the changing table. When one fills up we pop up the other and use the first to carry stuff to and from the washer/dryer. Saves time and is convenient! Dreft Stain Remover (the best stuff ever) we keep haning right beside for those quick pre-treatment sprays.

Now: We had a nightlight on the shelf above the cribs, but we took it down now that the girls are older. The light would shine right into Payton's crib and wake her up. The light now resides on the windowsill and on the shelf are 2 little Boyd's Bear Bees and a Sunflower. Hanging back by the closet is a ribbon message board filled with pictures of friends and family.

Now: Our glider, which we don't use as often as I thought, covered in handmade blankets for the girls to use in their toddler beds when they are older. I finally filled the picture frames on the back wall and added a frame I can fill with updated pictures of the peanuts at will.

Not too much has changed. I've just refined some of my earlier ideas when I got to see what was going to work and what wasn't. I love my nursery now more that ever because it has personality that only a baby can bring.
Kendra plus 2
Addicted
Addicted

Return to Nursery Themes & Photos