Shared Nursery Ideas ?

Share ideas, plans and photos of your nursery here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Shared Nursery Ideas ?

Postby Shannybaby » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:43 am

Does anybody have any ideas for shared bedrooms for a girl and boy ? I want it to be girly but I want it to be boyish too, how can i meet in the middle of that ? it seems impossible to me right now.... but of course If we get into our new house before this baby is born then we can have their seperate rooms.. does anybody have any pictures or ideas that they can share with me ? TIA :)
Shannon :hb: Adam
ImageImage
ImageImage
Our sweet baby girl, Aspen Greer, arrived March 1st 2013 at 4:30 am weighing 6lb 20in !! <3
Shannybaby
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby countrymomma » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:34 am

Mine is on a thread below, its a non themed (though one bedding set is Pooh). Bright, neutral, pastels. Not finished yet though!
FORMERLY BABYRABE
Me (34) & DH (39) Married 11/18/2000

SAHM, Homeschooling mommy to:
DD-8
^Noah True^ 12/12/06 m/c 10.5wks
DS-5
DD-4
DD-2
# FIVE!! Due May 31, 2014
countrymomma
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Casser » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:12 pm

We just have one half the room in the green/purple girl theme and one half in the blue/brown boy theme. I didn't want to have to redo all of DDs stuff.
Me- Cassandra, 27
DH- Eric, 28
DD- Lorelai (4-17-06)
DS- Griffin (12-18-07)
DS2- Bodhan (12-20-10)
Casser
Angel
Angel

Postby Psalm139 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:59 am

We rent and can't paint but what I did was divide the room in half. I dedicated the wall on one side to my daughter's girly deco and the other size to my son's boy stuff. I am posting little diagrams of how we laid it out. In the first one I forgot to lable that the little diagnal lines are the closet and door.

The first apartment we lived in that my boy and girl had to share was a basement apartment. Their room was about the size of a normal master bedroom, could fit a queen bed and have about 3 to 4 feet at the end before the closet. I hung a little pink valance about my dd's bed with lots of pink accents to match her bedding. You could then turn around and the other side of the room was completely blues and the decor that matched my son's bedding set.

This is how we have the room in our new house. I don't think this room is smaller but laid out weird. The entry is at an angle and then there is a recessed window that makes it difficult to position two beds in the room.

I hope that helps
"If there were no schools to take the children away from home part of the time, the insane asylum would be filled with mothers."
~Edgar Watson Howe
Formerly Tinyfairypeople
Psalm139
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Shannybaby » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:40 am

Thanks everyone that really helps, I really like the idea of dedicate each half to each child.. if we are still in this apartment then I might give them the big room and divide it in half, or make the play room my sons room and the other room my daughters room, and we would keep the big room, but i havent decided yet... we will probably be able to paint here also as long as we paint it back when we move since its an old apartment... I just wish I knew what was goingon with our house situation, we are buying my dads house but they are renovating their old house so we are waiting for them to move and my dad is in the hospital right now and wont be able to do anything for a few months becausse he has to have several surgeries, but they were going to hire some people to come in and get it done but by the way it sounds it still wont be until december / january.. soooo anyway thanks all for the suggestions I appreciate it :)
Shannon :hb: Adam
ImageImage
ImageImage
Our sweet baby girl, Aspen Greer, arrived March 1st 2013 at 4:30 am weighing 6lb 20in !! <3
Shannybaby
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Nursery Themes & Photos