Looking for hanging moon and stars or something like it....

Share ideas, plans and photos of your nursery here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Looking for hanging moon and stars or something like it....

Postby michellejune » Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:14 am

Either moon and stars or some animals that hang from the ceiling. I would love to hang them above the rocking chair so Dylan has something to look at when he is eating.
If anyone knows where I can find any lemme know :)
michellejune
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby michellejune » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:16 am

Thanks Moe! I was just about to order those from JC Penney and then decided to attempt to be creative myself and got a bunch of wooden stars to paint and I'm gonna make my own.
LOL....we'll see...I may end up ordering them anyway if I botch these up.
michellejune
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby millymomma » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:46 am

If you have a Hobby Lobby or other craft store near you, you can buy the shapes in hollow wood or hollow cardstock form, paint it, and hang them yourself. Then you could match the colors exactly to the colors you have used, and you could add innitials, sparkle, or anything else you would like. They are super inexpensive and so is the paint.

HTH
millymomma
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby dreamcometrue » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:09 am

We made ours out of Styrofoam! It didn't cost us a cent! Then I just painted them and hung them with thread and thumb tacks....

dreamcometrue
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby michellejune » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:51 am

Oh CUTE dreamcometrue!!! That is exactly what I was thinking of!
I did get wood ones and painted them to match the room...I'm trying to figure out whether I want to "bling" them up, I picked up some sparkly stuff or keep em plain. I hope they look as good as yours when done!
michellejune
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby reese » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:59 pm

Hi ladies! I'm doing a moon/star theme too. Love the hanging star idea. They make glow in the dark paint now too. It really does glow. Thinking that might look pretty neat during night feedings.
-Reese
:angel: m/c 9/03/09 5wks2days
reese
Friend

Return to Nursery Themes & Photos