Anyone sharing nursery with a toddler?

Share ideas, plans and photos of your nursery here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Anyone sharing nursery with a toddler?

Postby iamshannon » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:24 am

I have a stepson who will be 3 when the baby is born, so they'll be sharing the room part time. I'm trying to figure out how to decorate/lay things out that will work for a 3-yo and a baby, including all the furniture necessary, a fair decor, etc. Not to mention I really have girl feelings so that adds another layer to it... making it girl AND boy friendly without being all yellow :)

Anyway, I was hoping if anyone else's kids are sharing, maybe you could show me pictures of your nursery. I'd love to see how some other people worked this out.

Thanks! :) :)
Shannon 29 | DH Joshua 32 | DSS Noah 3 | Eli Samuel 3.18.09

iamshannon
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Babydreamer1326 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:56 am

what decor/theme is your sons room now?
Deztyni Dezyrae, 7/13/06
Caydyn Tayeshaun, 9/26/07
Layla Tymprynce, 3/20/09

Babydreamer1326
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby iamshannon » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:27 am

Nothing, actually... we just got married in April so we haven't redecorated that room yet. It was just a guest room in my place. He just has a bed and a dresser in there. He has a spiderman comforter but that's just because it's what his dad brought with him. We were waiting to see what kind of things he might be into that would stick before we did any real decorating, so it's a blank slate!
Shannon 29 | DH Joshua 32 | DSS Noah 3 | Eli Samuel 3.18.09

iamshannon
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SlainteMhath » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:28 pm

Our two year old shares a room with our six month old. :D We did a zanzibar theme because DS1's bedding was in that theme. We bought a removeable border and animal decals for the walls in case we want to change it later on (and we rent, so didn't want to have to bother repainting when we leave). I can't say we've really stuck with the theme though because DS1 has a few blankets that he carries everywhere (and takes to bed) and none of them match, nor do they have animals on them. :wink:

ETA: I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow for you. I don't have any on hand right now!
[ImageImageImage
SlainteMhath
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Tyjess555 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:27 pm

I will be. We have two childrens room so depending on what this baby is- It will either be sharing with DS or DD. So we will figure that out when we find out.
ImageImage
Tyjess555
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Lindsey » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:02 pm

Isabel and the baby will be sharing a room.

That's another reason I'm hoping its a girl because it will be easy to decorate the room.

If its a boy I'm not sure how we'll decorate
Lindsey

Return to Nursery Themes & Photos