echogenic bowel at 20 weeks? please help

Share your sonogram photos. Be sure to specify how far along you were when the sonogram was done.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

echogenic bowel at 20 weeks? please help

Postby babe2 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:27 am

I need words of wisdom or advice. Has anyone else had this at their 20 week ultrasound? It also has a nuchal fild of 5mm which is considered on the high side of normal. Either way I have been very upset, worried although I'm told not to. Anyone else had experience with this?? thank you!
babe2

Postby Kozmik_burd » Mon May 09, 2011 10:14 am

my son had an echogenic bowel and it turned out to be early mechonium (sp?). That's right he was full of POOP.

I panic'd for days until I was able to talk to my baby doctor and it turned out to be FINE. He is fine. Also, I've read about higher nuchal densities and the baby was just fine. The high side of "normal" is the terminology I would focus on. I hate these genetic counseling sessions. They are just extremely worriesome. Those genetic counselors should not be allowed to even speak to a pregnant worried mother. They do a TERRIBLE job.
~~~Jacci~~~
:hb: John Charlie 01/23/09 :hb:
:hb: Josi Mabel 11/10/11 :hb:
Kozmik_burd
Star Member
Star Member

Return to Ultrasound Photos