Breast feeding frustration!!!

Share wisdom, tips, and advice you wish you would have received from other moms.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Breast feeding frustration!!!

Postby dreammommy » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:06 pm

Girls...how do you feel the love for your baby when all she does is want to feed feed feed....PHEW !! every 2-half hr. I get no break AT ALL....I can't sleep I can't eat and I can't do anything....

She just keeps crying crying crying...she is NeVER full with the milk even though the LC says she has been getting enough...she keeps falling off to sleep. I have to feed, Burp and then pump to increase the milk supply...and in the midst of all this I do not even get a small smile from my baby....she does not even look at me, she is 23 days now...No look, even though she smiles juss radomly.

AM i a complainer??? I had done IVF and worked very hard to get our baby girl here and I ahte to feel like this.

DO you all feel like this...the CRYING just drives me nuts specially with n o sleep.
Myself - 31
DH - 33
TTC for 2 yrs
BFP on #1 IVF
dreammommy
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby ete29 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:57 pm

Hang in there! It will get better soon - at least she will start to smile and interact! Have you tried swaddling her or putting her in a swing? Have you tried cosleeping? You probably are feeling bad because you are sleep deprived. Try to get some rest and it will feel better.
DS Dec'08
DD Jul'10 dx w/high risk neuroblastoma June '11-became an angel oct '12
Early M/C July '13
DD Jan'15
My Blog
ete29
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Tiffaney » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:34 am

don't feel bad, mama... babies don't start smiling until around 5-6 weeks or more and they also can't "see" you really. their vision is still pretty blurry at that age so it's definitely not you
Me (Tiff) - 30, DH - 31
DD - born 11/4/2008
blog: http://babykuper.blogspot.com/
Tiffaney
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby lyn3182 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:38 pm

It will get better. It probebly feels like it never will, but for most women, it totally does. The first 2-3 months babies (and new mommies) are really just learing how to breastfeed and they don't do it very well yet, esp at 3 weeks old. I totally hear you how frustrating it feels - like you're just on call for milk basically and getting the crap beat out of you sleep-wise and glued to the couch not able to do anything for yourself - you probably feel like tearing your hair out. You're also heading toward the peak of fussiness, which is absolutely not helping either.

I felt similar to that with both my kids. I had a terrible time with both getting them to breastfeed and with the first one, my nipples were blistered and scabbed until 10 weeks and I had to take painkillers to nurse. I stuck it out though, with the help of a SUPER supportive husband. Without him supporting me gently I might have quit with both boys. But I'm glad I stuck it out. There's nothing I love to do more than cuddle with my LO and nurse him. Best feeling I have ever had.

Do you have support, people you can cry on? GFs whove stuck it out, a DH who gently supports your decision? I did a lot of hysterical crying. It totally helped having DHs shoulder to wipe my snot on.

A friend of mine said it helped her to think of it as training for a marathon. When you start, it totally sucks and you think, "why the hell am I doing this and I just want to quit." But the finish line is awesome.

I promise, it should be better by 3 months. you're a whole third of the way there! Yay for you!

ETA: so what if you did IVF? Your feelings are just as real as any new mommy, doesn't matter how you got PG! It took us 3 years and loads of drugs to get PG and a friend of mine always said, "oh, aren't you happy now that you have the baby you tried so hard for?" I almost shoved my sandwich up her nose.

lyn3182
Star Member
Star Member

Return to Advice for New Moms