HELP 6mth old still wakes multiple times a night!!!

Share wisdom, tips, and advice you wish you would have received from other moms.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

HELP 6mth old still wakes multiple times a night!!!

Postby stobie1 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:48 am

Yep my 6 month old still wakes up not once or twice but 3 times a night sometimes more!....i thought she should be sleeping through the night by now or at least 6 hours through!!! she wasnt always like this when she came home from the hospital she woulld sleep for 6 hrs straight!!! oh how i long for those days!! she wasnt like this till about a 1-2 weeks after we came back from churchcamp july 16th she was sleeping in our room in her cradle still and was waking up then up to 6 TIMES A NIGHT!!! i was a zombie...so a friend suggested i start putting her in her own room in her crib....so i did and it was fabulous!!! i put her down at 9:30 she fussed a good 10 minutes then had a good 10 minute cry and was fast asleep and didnt wake till 6am!!! yay!!! i thought it was over with but nope she has started waking up more again now i put her to sleep around 9-10:30 and she wakes around 1am and again around 4am and then arond 6am and is up around 8-9am she dosent sleep to much durring the day i have tried keeping her up she was up one day from 4:30pm -10 and still woke up 3-4 times she will be 7 months on the 18th of this month alsoi have tried giving her cereal in a bottle (she is breast fed) and i have tried giving her cereal in a bowl before sleep i have tried a bath a story and cereal in a bowl before bed but nothing seems to work i let her cry when she wakes up the first time and she goes back to sleep and i get up and feed her when she wakes up the second time around 4am (which it is 5:33 am now and i have fed her and she is back in bed and so i am desperate for answers ASAP so i decided to write this now (and at 6am when she wakes i thank god am a stay at home mom and dont work as of yet i am in the process of opening my own home daycare and only watch one 3 yr old who is the daughter of a close friend so i nap at her nap-time with her and lo please help!!! is this a routien am i going to have to let her cry to get her used to sleeping different? cause i cant do this when i have to be up before 6 am to open my daycare i cant only get 4 hours or so of sleep a night i almost killed over when she was waking up every hour almost!!! please help i want her to only wake once at night or sleep thru till morning help help help i cant say it enough!!!! oh and the dr didnt think anything was wrong and idk if its teething cause she eats and goes right back to sleep don fuss much at all after i get her or dont act like she is in pain i know i have wrote a book here soooooo sorry!!!
Me: Stormie 29
Dh: Branden 29
DD: Naomi 5 yrs old
TTC #2 for 8 months before BFP EDD MARCH 9th!

C-section scheduled for March 4th!!

stobie1
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby terese81 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:46 am

well...I have to say that my kids, I have 3, are not good sleepers. My twins, who are a little over 3, still wake up once a piece. My kids always went to sleep with a bottle, and now a sippy cup, and my theory was that as they got older, they would wake up because they were wet. Then they would drink a bottle, go back to sleep, then wake up again because they were wet...and then the cycle continues. I found that if I changed their diaper before I went to bed, they would sleep longer that first stretch. Then if I woke up during the night, and they were wet, I would change them again. Maybe that's the problem?
terese81
Star Member
Star Member

Postby mandee13 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:57 am

Totally normal. My dd is almost 15 months old and always wakes up at least once...sometimes 3-4 times. I find she has always been super active in her sleep and mostly wakes herself up from hitting her head on things. She STTN from 3-6 months and that was it.
mandee13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Advice for New Moms