Lead Levels Question (X-post)

Share wisdom, tips, and advice you wish you would have received from other moms.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Lead Levels Question (X-post)

Postby srayking » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:40 am

I know this is for new mom and I am not but I wanted to get as many mom's thoughts as I could since we don't have a general chat for moms
the finger stick came back high so they need to do a Venous blood draw to get a more accurate level check. They called back today and said that level was 9.5 and we didn't need to do anything else. From what I can tell from online anything over 10 is something to be concerned about. Isn't 9.5 close enough to worry? So should I set an appt with them to discuss what to do and is there anything I can do to help him from at home? I read that Iron, Calcium, and Vitamin C help what is they best way to get those in a one year old?

Also do you think I should ask for the other kids to be tested too? They are 8,7, and 4
Sarah/Wife to James (10 yrs)
ImageImage
ImageImage
srayking
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Laura C. » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:41 am

Okay, I am a new mom; so I might not have the best advice for you. Did they give you any idea where he's getting the lead exposure from? Water? Paint? Did they tell you any way to lower the level? I would call and ask. If its in the water, is there a way to eradicate it?

Orange juice has the calicum added in, will he drink that? What about those vitamin bubble gums?

Laura C.
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Advice for New Moms