Hiatal Hernia

A place for moms and moms-to-be with special needs children to find support.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Hiatal Hernia

Postby anaisa26 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:36 am

Hello everyone,

Has anyone heard of hiatal hernia in infants. My DD had an x-ray and they discovered it. She will be 3 months in the NICU since she was born early and now they tell me she has this. They said if she doesn't get better with the medical remedies they will have to do surgery and possibly a feeding tube. Anyone know anything about this?
anaisa26

Postby PixieB » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:04 am

My baby girl (prem, 27 weeker) developed an umbilical hernia, but that was after several weeks and wasn't serious at all. Self correcting. I do know a few children with gastric buttons (plug direct to their stomachs). And monster spent all of her 3 months in NICU on a feeding tube but that was because she hadn't developed her suck reflex.

What have your doctors told you about it?
Talia Grace: born Friday 13th of July, 2007, at 27w4d gestation, 700g/1.5lbs. Nursed for 4 years
and Violet Joy: born Thursday 19th, VBAC waterbirth, 39w2d, 3.35kg/7lbs 6oz, still a booby monster, just shared it with her big sister for 18 months.
http://pics.livejournal.com/littlebutto ... y/0000scpq
PixieB
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Hiatal Hernia

Postby Katrine Chan » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:07 am

Hello future mothers and everybody who cares pregnancy health. It is known that during pregnancy some suffers hernia and women nervous a lot about that. I was interested with this question and read lot of information and found a great resource, just click here http://hernia-treatment.net/symptoms-re ... -treatment.
Katrine Chan

Return to Special Needs Babies