absent stomach bubble on u/s

A place for moms and moms-to-be with special needs children to find support.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

absent stomach bubble on u/s

Postby jenhere » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:15 pm

We went for our 20 week u/s today and something came back abnormal. All things looked good except his stomach was missing. The doctor said not to worry and to come back in 4 weeks to check again. He said that he may not have had any fluid in it to show and most of the time it is nothing. But it seemed like the doctor looked for 30 minutes.
I have tried to look this up online and can barely find anything. How can I wait four weeks?
My DH asked him why 4 weeks and he said, "more bang for your buck, we'll get to see more growth of everything at that time." He said we could come back in a week but that would only be to check for the stomach again. Then the doc suggested "3 weeks?" in a kind of question to me. I'm not sure I can wait that long.
Has anyone heard of this happening? Please let me know.
Thank you.
Me, Jen
DH, Ryan
Sydney, 8
Grace, 2
Carter Gabriel, born June 24th, 2009
jenhere
Addicted
Addicted

Postby lys » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:56 pm

Yes, this happened to me with my son, he is now 3, and I waited at the ultrasound office for about 45 minutes, when they checked the baby again they saw the stomach. They told me tht the baby has to drink plenty of amniotic fluid for you to see the stomach. So try not to worry(I know is hard!) chances are your baby is fine!. Good Luck
lys

Return to Special Needs Babies