for all the mommas here.....

A place for moms and moms-to-be with special needs children to find support.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

for all the mommas here.....

Postby fuel1316 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:07 pm

When you're going to have a baby, it's like planning a fabulous vacation trip - to Italy. You buy a bunch of guide books and make your wonderful plans. The Coliseum. The Michelangelo David. The gondolas in Venice. You may learn some handy phrases in Italian. It's all very exciting.

After months of eager anticipation, the day finally arrives. You pack your bags and off you go. Several hours later, the plane lands. The stewardess comes in and says, "Welcome to Holland."

"Holland?!?" you say. "What do you mean Holland?? I signed up for Italy! I'm supposed to be in Italy. All my life I've dreamed of going to Italy."

But there's been a change in the flight plan. They've landed in Holland and there you must stay.

The important thing is that they haven't taken you to a horrible, disgusting, filthy place, full of pestilence, famine and disease. It's just a different place.

So you must go out and buy new guide books. And you must learn a whole new language. And you will meet a whole new group of people you would never have met.

It's just a different place. It's slower-paced than Italy, less flashy than Italy. But after you've been there for a while and you catch your breath, you look around.... and you begin to notice that Holland has windmills....and Holland has tulips. Holland even has Rembrandts.

But everyone you know is busy coming and going from Italy... and they're all bragging about what a wonderful time they had there. And for the rest of your life, you will say "Yes, that's where I was supposed to go. That's what I had planned."

And the pain of that will never, ever, ever, ever go away... because the loss of that dream is a very very significant loss.

But... if you spend your life mourning the fact that you didn't get to Italy, you may never be free to enjoy the very special, the very lovely things ... about Holland.
Chris & Elisa Married October 5th 2007

fuel1316
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Laura C. » Fri May 01, 2009 2:49 pm

So true and so sweet. :hb:

Laura C.
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby jennellis » Wed May 06, 2009 1:07 pm

beautiful!
jennellis
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby JLRHNR » Fri May 29, 2009 5:29 pm

Wow, I'm crying. This was beautifully written and you can tell it's from the heart. Your daughter has a very wonderful mother. We can all be moms from "Italy", or moms from "Holland". Elisa, you are definitely from Italy. Your daughter is beautiful. I love the pics. :) Thanks for sharing your story.
Me-28 DW-32 <br />10/7/11 - IUI
JLRHNR
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby JLT » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:20 pm

WOW - I love it - very true!
ME 28
DH 31
DS 1 - Born with a congenital heart defect - Shone's Complex
First heart surgery @ 19 days old
Next cardiologist appt 01.13.11

ImageImageImage
JLT
Angel
Angel

Postby last1 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:00 pm

Beautiful

Emily Perl Kingsley thinks it is also :wink:
Dx with Hyperemesis 5/2
OH is my other half a male and my life partner because I choose not to marry again.
Image Baby B passed away 13w 4d Baby A died as we watched on 14w 6d. :cry:
last1
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Cindy » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:20 pm

I just bawled my face off! That is beautiful!
Cindy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Special Needs Babies