Hip Displaysia

A place for moms and moms-to-be with special needs children to find support.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby PixieB » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:49 pm

I wish I had good information and support for you, but I'm afraid I'm really not familiar with the condition. It's hard to have a diagnosis so early, and face the prospect of surgery on one so tiny, but it will be worth it just to make such a difference to your baby's future mobility.

Good luck with finding parents with similar struggles. There's got to be some good support groups out there for you. :grouphug:
Talia Grace: born Friday 13th of July, 2007, at 27w4d gestation, 700g/1.5lbs. Nursed for 4 years
and Violet Joy: born Thursday 19th, VBAC waterbirth, 39w2d, 3.35kg/7lbs 6oz, still a booby monster, just shared it with her big sister for 18 months.
http://pics.livejournal.com/littlebutto ... y/0000scpq
PixieB
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ZiggyGirl » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:51 am

We just escaped the threat of a dysplasia diagnosis a week ago. Sorry. Micah's hips were immature at birth, and they were watching them on ultrasound for almost 3 months to see if it turned into full dysplasia or if they matured appropriately. Fortunately, his hips matured and we dodged that bullet.

*hugs, mama*
ZiggyGirl
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby LemonJelly » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:15 pm

Hey, just wanted to say there's a thread about hip dysplasia in the Babies forum right now. I didn't respond to your thread as mine was managable with physio, but there might be people in that thread you could PM.

Hope your LO does well x x
Image Image

Image Image

Gill 30, Working Mum to Charlie, born 6 October 2008 8lb 9oz. I nursed my sweet boy for 2 years, 8 months and 5 days :hb: TTC with PCOS, BFP 6 March, first clomid cycle, after over 2 years waiting. Due date 15 Nov.
LemonJelly
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bailie » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:50 pm

We were diagnosed today with Hip Dysplasia. DD was placed in a Pavlik Harness. The doctor said at this point to expect her to wear it for at least 6 weeks. Her follow-up ultrasound is one week from today.

Apparently my daughter can pop her hip in and out herself by extending and pulling her legs back up to frog position.

Anyway, I just wanted to say you're not alone. I have some research to do before her next appointment so I can fire off rapid-fire questions.

I am terrified of possible surgery but I know if it comes down to it I have to do what is best for my daughter.

You and your family are in my thoughts!
DD1: 3 DD2: 2 DS: 10 months already!
bailie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Special Needs Babies